Guelph/KW/Cambridge, Ontario meetup - interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I just added to a thread in another forum about a local audio club thats forming offering the use of my space, and it got me thinking about a DIY meetup. So I've decided to actually float the idea publically.

First a little background: I own a company called Kids Make Guelph (google us if you want to know more). I teach kids to make stuff. Propeller cars, catapults, simple circuits, paper plate speakers, computer programming with Scratch, lego robotics, etc.

It was DIY audio that first got me on the path that ultimately led to the mission that is embodied in KIds Make Guelph: help kids take personal responsibility for their own intellectual growth.

It has occured to me that hosting DIY audio meetups would be consistent with the activities we are already engaged in. This is not a commercial activity, but it is compatible with our mission and I wanted people to have an idea of the spirit this is being proposed in.

Aside from meetups for listening, we could even host workshops at the local maker spaces or at my space if its electronics. I would encourage the participation of members kids who are mature enough.

So... with that said, any interest in a DIY audio meetup/club in Guelph serving the K/W, Cambridge, Guelph area (or anyone who want to drive to Guelph)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.