The Greater Ottawa and Environs DIY Audio 2017 Get together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2017 Ottawa and Environs DIY Audio Get Together

Sunday April 23 2017

Directions

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ge...5890a67875de34b!8m2!3d45.3517982!4d-75.719477

It's at the General Burns Community Center. Off of Argue Drive.

Hello Gents.

Yes it is that time of the year once again.

Time when the beginning of the Frozen North is full swing.

And time when our hearts and minds to to all things audio! No relationship between being inside and making audio equipment is there?

Looking like we will be doing something in the month of February from an impromptu poll I have done. So fire up your soldering irons and get the chips a flying. Or just bring something that you have that is dear to your heart. We all love sharing and listening.

I know that a few guys have great stuff both old and new that we would all love to listen to.

Last years format was a great success so looking like that is a method we shall be following once again.

Post what you intend to bring and we can collate it and develop a schedule.

Last edited:
Have you ever done a CBT or would it be "a learning experience"?

Grant.

Grant everything is a learning experience.

I have a CBT mostly fleshed out. And I am finishing a set of coaxial horns for a client.

I learned a whole lot more on the horns than I did on the CBT's.

Never have I had so steep a learning curve in all the weird and wacky things I have made than with that set of horns. A truly interesting build on my end. But not much to see once they are built.

Hello, I wont be able to joint for the organizing meeting but I've been doing some work on cables (speaker and interconnects) and would like to do comparative tests if time allows. Also I will be building a phono preamp from boozhound labs over the holidays.
Thank you guys for organizing this event.
Félix-A.

We met, we ate and we decided.

Well the great beginning has been made. Shooting for end of March Beginning of April.

Pierre has the dates.

20161217_150416.jpg

Left to right.

Grant, John Tall, John vertically challenged, Pierre, Mark.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Seriously, we should have consulted a bit more. So let's look at this again during the holiday break. I am busy the next few days, and can reach out around the 27th. We can do this offline.

Dave and all - It would be great if you would look at your availability for the 25 March and 1 April and PM me. Thank you. - Pierre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.