The Greater Ottawa and Environs DIY Audio 2017 Get together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the things I missed last year was the door prises. Perhaps we can add some time for that function.

An old college friend died last September. I visited with him just before he died and he gave me all of his electronic stuff. He didn't like being a technician so he became a teacher instead. He taught electricty/electronics to high school kids. I have sorted the 8 boxes of stuff he gave me and got it down to one box. SWMBO wants it gone. It will be all on the free stuff/door prize table.

I guess I did a big favour for another friend and when he was in Hershey PA. He picked up an old basic tube tester and gave it to me. It seems to work with the tubes I have. If anybody wants I can bring it to test your tubes.

OK! I'm glad to see this coming together.

I'll tell a few of my relatives/friends who've accompanied me in the past.

1st on my "must see" will be Bearberry's Lotus BVR build, and there will be questions. (Long ago, I did pick up some BOFU drivers on clearout, and my goal was to put them in one of the Lotus's predecessors i.e. the Chang or half-Chang. The plans that I printed (nla) were only 1 or 2-page, and didn't provide much info about the interior.)

Look forward to getting the gang back together.

- Ron

I didn't get the noisy cricket reference in the 1st place, either. Thanks for the link.

John,
I actually didn't think too much about the BIB design. If I recall correctly, Scottmoose sort of developed the BVR as an evolution of (his knowledge of) BIB, but that didn't really play into my thoughts. I just sort of like the appearance of the BVR, and the fact that vent(s) and driver are both front-firing. A key factor for me is that the Chang & half-Chang are/were (somewhat) documented designs, which is better for my experience level.

- Ron

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ten days to go!

Anyone who would like to bring something to show or demo at our get together on the 23 April, please post in this thread :).

I will bring my two way speakers. They should be finished just in time: I will pick up the last pieces in Ogdensburg tomorrow morning :smash:.
  • Drivers: 1.4" compression driver tweeter and 15" midwoofer.
  • Cabinet: Custom made by Mark K.
  • Filters: Passive design that equalizes the tweeter and midwoofer responses.
They are heavy and this will likely be the last time they leave home.

Mark and Dave - Would you agree to help organize a schedule like we did last year?

Pierre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.