13th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST-2016

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sad News

It is with great remorse that I must announce that I will not be able to attend this years gathering. I was hoping to bring my FHXL with MarkAudio A10p EN drivers to show off. I think they sound great and look pretty.
I will be away on a back country hiking trip in Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks.
I hope all goes well without me. I expect ChrisB to pick up the slack for me and keep Cal in line or at least keep up with him.

Received this notice:

HighlandsNotice.png

Notice has been received that the bridge at the bottom of Finlayson Arm on the Millstream side will be undergoing maintenance over a time period that includes this years diyFEST so it may be necessary to come up from the Goldstream Park side.

Given Highlands past history who know when they will actually do it. I will keep posting the most up to date info.

The map in post 1 now sports an X at the potential discontinuity.

dave
Maintenance... or filming? ;)

It's a very picturesque spot but I would guess it's not filming as the bridge in question is short and without a substantial backdrop or view. It's the kind of bridge that even Dave, who's wife is a photographer, might not have a pic as it's not what you'd call picture worthy. The pic I did find gives you an idea why they might not be filming. Now, why it's going to take two weeks to redo a bridge you could almost spit across? Well if you've ever been to Vancouver Island, you'll know they do things according to island time. It's what you call a relaxed environment. I hope to live there one day. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 9.55.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 9.55.16 AM.png
    147 KB · Views: 221
So early morning or later afternoon should be smooth sailing

or not - this is the Highlands, after all

I find the "alternate route" to be a bit of a goat-trail, it's fairly easily accessible from the Malahat (through Goldstream Park entrance) - but a rather long detour if coming from either Swartz Bay or the Port Angeles ferry

Last edited:
I regret to say that I will not be able to attend this year. The anniversary timing finally caught up with me and I will be spending the day in Victoria with my current wife.

Dave, I will be stopping in either coming or going to grab those plugs.

Sorry I won't be spending the day with you guys! PICTURES PLEASE!

KM

Last edited:
Just a quick note. I won't be able to make it this year due to health concerns. My youngest (21) child (Jerry) has been in the hospital for the past three days and the Doctors are still not certain what's wrong. There are very few things that would prevent me from attending...unfortunately, this situation is one of them. Please take tons of pictures and have a great time!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Kids- weather is predicted to be toaster than we've had in the past for this event - what, is the globe getter warmer overall?;) , so dress accordingly- sunglasses and silly hats permitted - Hell, we should maybe even have a contest?

Oh, yes - don't forget the sunscreen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.