Puget Sound DIY Meet -August 29th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm planning to bring a bunch of stuff, including my "Beyond the Ariel" loudspeakers. Time to make that U-Haul reservation!

Gary Dahl

Hi Gary,

That will be very cool! :D

I've heard Gary's system a couple of times and while I haven't heard the latest iteration, it's quite an inspiration to any DIY'er! If you live anywhere near Seattle you may want to show up just to hear Gary's system! It really is quite special!

Best Regards,
TerryO

I have a pair of compact 3-ways with a series crossover that I'll try to get there, with or without me. We might have company from out of state during that time.

driver complement - Silver Flute W17RC38-08, Seas 10-FM, Peerless NDT53
compact ported box ~ 18 liters, fb ~ 38 hz

pic (from a couple of years ago at VI diyfest) -

Attachments

• ser3way.jpg
    ser3way.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Hi Terry,

I can bring an amp based on some Dynaco ST-70 components. It is a complete rebuild with only the chassis and output transformers still original. The circuit is a LTP and using UL to driver feedback, i.e. E-Linear. Might also have another amp to throw in and a tube line stage.

John

What time does the meet up end ? I work the graveyard so it's hard to get to things in the am. If I can rework my schedule the day of the event though I can bring my Troels Gravesen Ellam FLEX 3w speakers

Those look like good speakers. Hope we get to hear them. I think the event normally starts winding up around 3pm or little later. Hopefully Terry can correct me if wrong.
John

How big speakers can the church handle? I'd be interested in bringing my DIY Synergy horns and amps up (if summer plans don't otherwise interfere and if I could get someone to help me load them into a vehicle... and if they'll both fit in a FIT :)

Hi Bill,

I can assure plenty of room for you as well as assistance at this end of the trip. Our DIY'ers are an energenic bunch of people!

Best Regards,
Terry

Just talked with an acquaintance yesterday who has been working on some MTM's. Nice drivers (18Sound midwoofers and Hiquphon dome tweeters) with a 2.5-way crossover. Should be very interesting.

He's planning on bringing them to the Mercer Island meet, hopefully in finished cabinets.

Terry, if they're not finished, I told him you could give him pointers on your famous recipe for the special bondo tone-sauce. ;)

Just talked with an acquaintance yesterday who has been working on some MTM's. Nice drivers (18Sound midwoofers and Hiquphon dome tweeters) with a 2.5-way crossover. Should be very interesting.

He's planning on bringing them to the Mercer Island meet, hopefully in finished cabinets.

Terry, if they're not finished, I told him you could give him pointers on your famous recipe for the special bondo tone-sauce. ;)

Hi Dave,

That's a very nice combo of drivers, absolutely top-level stuff. With a well designed crossover it could be an absolute winner!

Please assure the owner that I'm certainly available if he is in need of "Tone-Sauce" ...........he need only ask!
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

What time does the meet up end ? I work the graveyard so it's hard to get to things in the am. If I can rework my schedule the day of the event though I can bring my Troels Gravesen Ellam FLEX 3w speakers

The DIY meet will run 'til about 5PM - that's the clearing out time. Setup starts at 9AM and the "public" is welcome from 10AM on.

Note: no food will be served, so bring your own or visit local eating establishments.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.