Ottawa DIY winter 2014

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Curious about a sound meet at a restaurant...

OK, the latest tally. Lunch and planning for winter 2015 Ottawa DIY audio meet. Sunday, Nov 16, 1 p.m. East Side Mario's, Hunt Club and Merivale.

mwmkravchenko
redshift187
multisync
bearberry
PierreQuiRoule

Anyone else?

I'd like to join in. I just joined diyaudio (when I found this post) but have been playing for a while :). Pi 7 corner horns that I've been playing with since the 90's.

I hope there's some horn people around !!!

Thanks.

Grant.

Hi, Grant

Knowing the attendees, I'm sure that I can tell you that you are welcome to join us on Sunday.
However, I'd just like to mention that our last "formal" get-together happened in March 2014 (c/r post #1), and the purpose of our lunch get-together is to start making plans for the 2015 session (i.e. date, etc.).

There will certainly be some talk around the table about projects, tips, etc., - and the other guys (not me) are pretty knowledgeable - but it's the "springtime" event that will be more leisurely if you want to get into some "in depth" discussions... just thought you should know.

On that topic, I'll want to ask what/where our local guys pick up things like stand-offs, hook-up wire, etc.

- Ron

Hi Grant. As Ron mentioned, you are welcome to come out Sunday and meet people, showing up unannounced is no problem. It's not a meet where we get to see gear, but we'll be talking about it.

Ron, I've gotten some things from Gervais Electronics on Industrial Ave. Active on Merival is another local possibility. You could try Foxy Recycling in the west end, hit and miss what they have at any time.

I've also used Tayda.com, Fasttech.com and Dx.com and all have been fine. Dx seems to be the slowest shipper, the others have been quite quick.

The list as of today:
mwmkravchenko
redshift187 (and friend)
multisync
bearberry
PierreQuiRoule
Ronu9400

Ron you could also try my basement. I have come to the unhappy conclusion that I never will complete 1% of my ideas so I have been throwing out or dumping stuff at the E recyclers at the rate of 2 boxes every garbage day. After many months of trimming down my good stuff I still don't see any free space in the basement!!!

Thank you for the info, Bearberry. For some reason, I haven't been to Gervais for maybe >20 years, so I didn't think of them. I tried to buy stand-offs from Active Tech this summer, but apparently they no longer sell them "stand-alone" (i.e. the salesman said that they only come with some of their kits).

And thank you, Multisync... that sounds like I might have to venture out to Carp. As you probably know, I have managed to gather some receivers & speakers that I intended to repair, and even have some boards (like the Wire), but very little of the basics such as wire & such. Just picked up a soldering station this summer! We'll talk.

See you all soon, Ron

Does anyone have any more info on Owen's speakers? I PM'd him directly and am hoping to hear back. I'm interested in his crossover and subwoofer design. :)

I know that the subwoofers drivers were one of a kind. So not available any more. Prototypes of a driver for RAW acoustics.

The wideband is I believe from VIFA. But I'm not completely certain on that front.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.