10th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Dave:
Yes Last years spot was great. I could snore away in peace. I do not think I kept anyone awake either.
Cal and his little love shake get the primo spot, I am good with that, he is a "primo classe'" kind of guy and deserves to be treated that way.

I am looking forward to the gathering. Any word on Jesse?

Weird. I read 'Big Smoke' and immediately assumed Toronto. I mean all they do over there is blow smoke up people's ...

I'm in New West too. But it's looking like I might not be able to make the meet this year. I'll probably even be on the island (Nanaimo most likely), but family commitments that weekend will tie me down. Have fun.

Several people from Lower Cascadia have indicated an interest venturing there as well. I will be conducting this epic expedition into the frozen wastelands and towering mountains to the regions Northwest of Victoria!

Is it permitted to bring various trinkets and gadgets to intertain and amaze the natives of the interior? I suppose it may be hoping for too much to expect a source of electricity?

Regardless, we will brave the elements and hopefully reach your remote gathering!

I find that I must keep my identity a secret until circumstances allow me to reveal it to the public!

Best Regards,
Captain "X"

Another Seattlite heard from

Really happy about planning the trip this August 17th

A few questions:

What kinda beer do you all like?

Do you make food together? What food to bring?

My big Sprinter van is over height and may be over-length(22ft according to WA State ferries), so I will be looking for the best (cheapest) ferry route. Currently thinking: Seattle-Bainbridge-Port Angeles-Victoria. Any ideas?

Howard

The "Coho", running between Victoria & Pt. Angeles is a scenic way to go if you're travelling up the west side of Puget Sound. Arriving in Victoria's inner harbour leaves a very short trip to Dave's.
Getting through the border is usually quicker too than the line-ups often found
at Peace Arch crossing (I-5)
See you there!
Don

My big Sprinter van is over height and may be over-length(22ft according to WA State ferries), so I will be looking for the best (cheapest) ferry route. Currently thinking: Seattle-Bainbridge-Port Angeles-Victoria. Any ideas?

Coming from Tsawwassen - Swartz Bay via BC Ferries may be slightly cheaper, but may take longer (further to drive). And then there's the border crossing that Don pointed out.

You can check the rates (Ferry Fares | BC Ferries - British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.), but they don't include over-height rates.

jeff

Thanks Dave,
Parking the Sprinter takes about the same space of one of the really long pickup trucks, and it is about 8' tall. The good side to it is that I can bring my bigger projects, and I can sleep in it.

Are mosquito netting/repellant important commodities for outdoor sleeping where you are?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.