The Burning Amp 2012-Schedules & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
All is quiet this evening before the event...

DSCF0277.jpg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Get ready guys and gals! Soldering irons down, please hand your projects to the teacher.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Photo's from past BAF's clearly show soldering irons still in use DURING the fest. I remember some photo's showing Papa helping out on an amp (not his) to get it up and running for the show. :cool:

What they really need to do is put down the beers while they are playing around with the soldering irons!!!!! :no:

Hi there! Did the party start? Just today I was sitting on balcony on doing some soldering...even though I am physically thousands of miles away from the BF, in my mind I am there :)

Sometimes I was thinking if it would be possible to put some live webcam, so the rest of us can "tune in". Since I know it's too much, I'll be happy with random pics from the event as it is progressing...(if anyone cares to be distracted by shooting and uploading pics...)

Enjoy!

Its pretty awesome that this coincidences with AES conference in SF. So many sound geeks in one place. I'm interested in doing an evening social event, possibly at one of the night clubs I work at or have done sound, to give the probably already drunk techs a place to further the fun. Although with the last day of AES on the 29th I don't know if people are going to want to go out. At any rate I suppose this is me volunteering to help out in the manner I've suggested or otherwise. Being a working sound engineer and DIYer in SF I probably have resources and contacts and stuff that might be helpful, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Just thought I'd get a jump on planning as time flys when you diys.

-Matt Long
San Francisco, CA
mattlong8 [ a t ] google's mail (you know the URL)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... Ok alternatively we could all raid AES on sunday wearing diy diyaudio type shirts and wreak havoc some how. I'm thinking car batteries, portable speakers (ideally with subs[i better get on that tang band 6.5" sub build]), and some what obnoxious program content...I think there is this pop song where the hook says..."and my ____ is better than yours" I can't remember what blank is but it could work... I have a radio transmitter...=D
Ok maybe that's a bit crazy but I've been feeling a bit crazy today...I blame DSP4YOU.com (still shocked I just found out about minidsp's apparent big brother today)

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
No coincidence, it was an available date and in years past I had avoided having the event at the same time as AES , but then decided that it might be a great symbiosis thing..
That how we got Bruno Putzeys to agree to talk to us. He's around at the show already.. ;)

I WILL contact you to help as soon as the crazy busy time I'm in (DIY audio related!) ameliorates.

I'll post the times of presentations within a month. That might help make the decision easier as to when to come..

Mark

5 months away, BUMP!
Its pretty awesome that this coincidences with AES conference in SF. So many sound geeks in one place. I'm interested in doing an evening social event, possibly at one of the night clubs I work at or have done sound, to give the probably already drunk techs a place to further the fun. Although with the last day of AES on the 29th I don't know if people are going to want to go out. At any rate I suppose this is me volunteering to help out in the manner I've suggested or otherwise. Being a working sound engineer and DIYer in SF I probably have resources and contacts and stuff that might be helpful, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Just thought I'd get a jump on planning as time flys when you diys.

-Matt Long
San Francisco, CA
mattlong8 [ a t ] google's mail (you know the URL)

Planning on attending this year. Not sure if anything I have is worth bringing although I'm happy to schlep over whatever folks might be interested in since I'm so close. Hopefully I'll have a few of my current projects done by then! Aleph-X could be interesting for some folks. I can bring my F5, hot-rodded DCB1, and/or a pair of speakers as well. Anything else needed?

@Variac: FYI, your sig links to last year's event details. Do we need a new doc? Maybe a google spreadsheet that everyone can self report against?

.......If I only have a few hours, when would be the best time to come?.......

Cheers

Charlie

Well if you have very little time and must see everything displayed and working, like all shows , later is better than early because guys take some time to get things going.
It's nice being there even when things are being set up but if time is really short then before lunch ( about 11ish ) or later say 3pm would be ideal I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.