Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Joined 2005
Paid Member
They were in the back

Attachments

• 71358FA1-F3C1-425D-AF3E-4F7BE7A0F9BA.jpeg
    71358FA1-F3C1-425D-AF3E-4F7BE7A0F9BA.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 143
Hello Murray, I am looking for a good analog scope. PM me if you have one on hand.

A few years ago, needing a new 'scope since the wind-up spring in my old one rusted, I found an enormous warehouse with used electronics gear, somewhere in the countryside north of Pickering.

Now I wish I knew where to buy inexpensive project boxes around here (besides the folks on Victoria Park).

Ben

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Anyone want a ride in from the Georgetown area?

My co-pilot got booked for a last minute gig, so he isn't coming. If there is anyone close to me who would like a ride in, please let me know. If you want to drive to my place an jump in my car, that's cool too. There is enough parking at my place for a couple of cars. The Highland games are on again here, but I'm just far enough away to miss the parking frenzy.

Just PM me and I'll give you my address and phone number. I'm located very close to Trafalgar road and Highway #7 (Guelph street here). I'm driving a 2011 Malibu, so it's reasonably comfortable if that matters, and it can for some folks.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
There is another planned for the fall at some time. I would highly recommend some people to show up that might be unsure about it. It's low key, casual dress and a lot of fun. Dave is a great host and there is a lot of room for people to gather.

-Chris

"Now, as for people trying filtering. I suspect that some lurkers will be trying these things out. We will never know of course. I'll be doing this down the road once I receive boards and bits.

-Chris"

Chris, I (and others) hope you will have this experiment completed before the next get together. Sorry I missed the last one, I had other commitments.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi DDzStereo,
So do I.

I already have completed experiments on the effectiveness of spending a little time and money on a good power supply. It's such a worthwhile change that I suspect that the input filtering may be a lot more effective on the average DC power supply rather than one designed properly. We'll have to see how it all shakes out.

-Chris