Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

I have built a "no thrill" preamp that only consists of one opamp and a few resistors. Different opamps give different sound. Pretty interesting and sounds quite decent, and cheap. Also, I have a TPA3116 based amp (DUG brought one that he built to our meet before) that sounds pretty good - completely changed my view on class D amp. I might have completed a PBTL version by the time we get together - it can drive 2 ohms.

I am sure there will be plenty of gears to show.

Regards,

I've got some bent audio slageformers... I can quickly put them together to come up with a passive TVC.

You and I are on a similar path. I also put one together to go with the red baron rig which remains on a slow build path.

To me its my preferred linestage. I got the idea from Aurthur Salvador where he lists it as the best performing linestage/preamp. But only if you do not need preamp.

Attachments

• 238 (640x480).jpg
    238 (640x480).jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 123
You and I are on a similar path. I also put one together to go with the red baron rig which remains on a slow build path.

To me its my preferred linestage. I got the idea from Aurthur Salvador where he lists it as the best performing linestage/preamp. But only if you do not need preamp.

Walter,

That's a good looking case. Did you build it from scratch? Looking forward to hear it;).

Regards,

Lo_Tse
Thank you! I did build from scratch & am happy with result. Walnut left over from another build. Basically making a DAC/music server which will match my amps. This was built from a couple feet left over from the end of an 8 foot board. Still need to CNC an ALU plate for the top. For now just listening.

Merlin
Very cool. You have the Bent rig. Same Slagle iron but a whole lot more convenient with the hi tech switchs/remote. Will be very cool.

I completed building the Audio Note Kits L1 EL84 integrated amplifier last November. I didn't like the feet or knobs supplied with the kit so it was upgrade time.

AmCan Audio medium size brass footers. Gold plated brass knobs from Parts Connexion.

I'm thinking about getting the Audio Note Kits DAC 2.1 level B for my first DAC.

Still using my Sansui analog tuner and Sony DVD/CD player for now.

Attachments

• P1030080c.jpg
    P1030080c.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 120
I completed building the Audio Note Kits L1 EL84 integrated amplifier last November. I didn't like the feet or knobs supplied with the kit so it was upgrade time.

AmCan Audio medium size brass footers. Gold plated brass knobs from Parts Connexion.

I'm thinking about getting the Audio Note Kits DAC 2.1 level B for my first DAC.

Still using my Sansui analog tuner and Sony DVD/CD player for now.

Beautiful!

I may be able to host a group of 30 or so at my place sometime later in spring. I could set up two or three different areas for different gear, head-fi, speakers, amps etc. I'll ask the wife and see when and if she agrees and let y'all know.

Hi speaksrfun

Just curious whether you might any information regarding the possibility of hosting a meet in the near future?

Regards,