9th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You know Don, it's a good thing we were there to provide a thin veneer of respectability.

Best Regards,
Terry
"Thin" being the operative word, though we couldn't be in two places at once, so whether the "respectability" extended to the two brothers doing who knows what on the lower deck, we'll have to hope.
(-Cal said it was mouthwash, smelled like rum to me!)
Best
Don

"Thin" being the operative word, though we couldn't be in two places at once, so whether the "respectability" extended to the two brothers doing who knows what on the lower deck, we'll have to hope.
(-Cal said it was mouthwash, smelled like rum to me!)
Best
Don

It may very well have been Demon Rum that they were drinking, although I had suspected it was Kickapoo Joy Juice!

A bad lot, those two!

Best Regards,
Terry

Another 'Fest in the books

Just finished reading the last 6 pages of comments from the bunch of "Dignified Audiophiles" who attended the 9th Annual Vancouver Island DIY 'Fest. Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

I had a great time. Ruth, our ever-patient den mother, was fantastic as usual. Dave was seen actually Sitting and Listening once or twice (his uFonken / uWoof [?] are a TRIUMPH - astonishing performance). Chris earns the "trooper of the year" award once again - I was getting tired just watching him rocketing from one task to another, smiling all the while.

Terry brought a friend, Rene, who in turn brought a pair of fascinating and beautiful-sounding Hybrid amps. Cal brought his iPod, Rum and his enormously joyful self (no huge speakers, tho'). Bob from CSS was there with all sorts of yummy gear and bits and a couple of very, very good speakers. Gregg appeared and then promptly disappeared to "geek out" with Daniel. Judging by snatches of conversation, they were having a lovely time discussing the comparative merits of goberticktens when used in parallel nikenclotches. Scott, as expected, brought his big smile and BEER!!!!

As an annual roundup of the 'Usual Suspects", it was superb. As a chance to meet some new, and very interesting, people it was a delight. As an opportunity to hear some "way above average DIY" it was beyond words.

I am really looking forward to next year - for the 10th Annual VIDF we will do something really special, like maybe chip in to buy Terry a hearing aid.

Heartfelt thanks to Dave, Ruth and Chris. Warmest regards to all who came. Silent thanks for the delightful weather. And sincere appreciation to the Audio Gods who allowed me to hear some really amazing music from some really amazing gear.

Jess

Just finished reading the last 6 pages of comments from the bunch of "Dignified Audiophiles" who attended the 9th Annual Vancouver Island DIY 'Fest. Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

I had a great time. Ruth, our ever-patient den mother, was fantastic as usual. Dave was seen actually Sitting and Listening once or twice (his uFonken / uWoof [?] are a TRIUMPH - astonishing performance).
Jess

uFonkenSET 1vo.1 + uFonkenWoofT 0v91 = name is almost bigger than the combined speaker, but certainly not the sound

I give up on the naming convention, and don't for the life of me know how Dave keeps track (or should that be "if")

edit:
and since chrisb simply can't resist the temptation to inject some sarcasm into any exchange:

Jesse, to classify the entire troupe as "dignified audiophiles" could be considered a slight insult to those genuinely deserving, and y'all know whom you is

"I'm not sure I'd want to join a club that would accept me as a member"

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.