Southeast Conference (SEC) DIY 2011 - October 22! Come one, come all!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,

It's on (finally)! SEC DIY 2011 is set for October 22nd, in the town of Daphne, AL (near Mobile). There will be a get-together at my home on Friday night (see website). Finding/commiting with a hotel has been... interesting. I apologize for the delayed finalization.

Look for all info on THE WEBSITE! The website will be updated over this weekend with lots more information and details. Please check back for updates and additional information!

Please submit your speaker entries!

Due to the limited number of individuals likely to attend, we may end up doing other equipment demonstrations and comparisons (if there is time).

The hotel (Homewood Suites) has a block of 10 rooms saved for the event with a discounted price. They are suites, not your standard hotel room (additional info to be posted on website). The group rate is $119/night. Feel free to find another hotel, there is no obligation to stay at Homewood Suites. There are 3-4 other hotels in the immediate vicinity, and a few more in the surrounding areas of Spanish Fort and Fairhope (and of course in Mobile, a bit further away).

Please pass the word. I'll be posting to other forums as well. Thanks for your interest, and hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
Scott

COUNTDOWN! 4 days!

My Revelator MTM's are almost complete. Just have to mount drivers and terminal cup tonight... I'm breaking my new rule/resolution of speaker building by listening to them before the cabinets are "finished" (pretty). In other news, the give-a-darn meter is broken

If you're interested in hanging out for a get-together at my place on Friday night, please RSVP to me via PM or email... trying to get a head count.

Had a great evening with Paul, Bob, and Jim... and of course my beautiful wife. Nerdy conversation to the max, and got to know some people IRL - wierd, eh? Paul introduced us to a great new dip/dunk and I manned the grill for some tasty burgers. All this topped with a bottle of Turley Wine Cellars' 2006 Zinfandel - magnifico.

Looking forward to tomorrow! :)

Well, the event went really well. It was small, but great. And, as always, the great people are what made the event really special. It really seemed like everyone was able to bond and break the ice really well; no egomaniacs - just some nerds that truly love what they do in their free time.

I had earnest intentions to spend Sunday afternoon updating the website with pictures and results, but we got news that my grandfather passed late Sunday morning; I'm sure it's no surprise that I had no ambition to work on the website. He meant much to me, and was able to live a very full life of 99yrs. His suffering and passing went fast, thankfully.

That said, I have some prior commitments this evening, but will try to get things on the site by Tuesday night. Thanks again to our sponsors!

Spoiler alert: Mr. Jim Griffin stole the show - shocker :). Stay tuned for more after this commercial break...

Regards,
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.