New York Upper Hudson Valley DIYers Arise!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HelloHello! Calling all DIYers and audio hobbyists within a 60mile radius of the not so great city of Albany NY!

A decade or so ago, I started and ran an audio club up here, which was a modest success. I'm still friends with a number of them and we do get together.

In anticipation of some changes to my personal situation and listening room, it now seems like a good idea to start up a somewhat informal get-together again. The idea is to share ideas, designs, do shoot-outs, enjoy stories and all that stuff. What I found in the past is that the group was a great motivator for people, myself included, to do "stuff" and to stay creative and active.

No need to be an "expert" or "guru" to participate. Rank newbies through Phds are fine... for me it is about sharing and having fun with audio and electronics.

Well, that's my pitch, my hard sell.

Post up here, if ur a possible contender! :D (post up even if I know you already...)

_-_-bear

No Columbia/Dutchess Co and surrouding DIY Folks?

Mr Bear, we have heard some very fine audio at your listening sessions, and I would be most interested to hear more. You will have to tolerate the presence of my new school F5 MBs, Buffalo Dac, SD Trans 192, however. There have been some pretty hard core valve guys there that need to be shown the new path to righteousness.:D
Any regional folks out there are encouraged to join in these. Much to learn and hear with these guys.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Bear,

I have an Uncle and Aunt - various Cousins - that live in the Johnstown NY. Alas - none of 'em are into audio. Buuuuuut if I get up there for a visit I'll get in touch.

Good luck with your efforts to get people together - it is harder to do than most would think!

Lived there for 32 years , here (smokey Mtns.) for 10.
Albany is great for E-waste :cool: can't wait.

I'll be on Myrtle ave. - blocks from the Empire state plaza.

OS

Ha!

Well Myrtle is more than a few blocks from the Plaza... but that's fine.

You will find it WAY different from the Smokey mountains. Sorry.

PM me...?
I am away from my usual internet location, so my connections are intermittent for a little while, but I will get back to you...

Looking forward to meeting! :D

Should be fun!!
"fresh blood" :devily:

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.