Adelaide DIY hi-fi meetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rather than perpetuate the thread currently in the Multi-way speaker forum, I figured we should start one in the appropriate location.
So from now on we can post in this thread.

Although he had to leave early last night, 3GGG has kindly offered to host the next get together at his home. I for one, would really like to hear this beast;

195872d1289389446-my-tt-build-p1010113.jpg

So I'm all for this as the next meeting location. When we do this is probably up to him.

It was good meeting with you guys, sorry I had to leave early. Look forward to catching up at the next one.

Cheers
Quasi

Hey quasi,
It was good to meet you too. After some research I see your amp designs have quite a following here!

I sent a PM with everyone's real name and contact details, but received a message that said your settings are such that you don't want to receive PMs.
(Just letting you know we're not neglecting you ;))

OK guys, so it looks like we have a few venues already on offer for our next gatherings should we wish to continue.

As already mentioned, 3GGG (Gregg) has offered up his place for a gathering (he says he's just south of the city)
Keith Taylor has also said we can come and listen to his Linkwitz Orions (he's in the Adelaide hills)
googlyone (Phil) has now also volunteered his home in Prospect for a gathering
and I (Jason) can also offer my office space in Stepney for a gathering. (Although I don't have a full system in place here, I do have a turntable and CD source should others want to bring some complementary components to flesh it out.)

So, a few options to ponder.

Last edited:
Sorry, been busy building amps. My Aleph J is hooked up and singing sweetly. How does a saturday evening or sunday arvo sound in 3 or 4 weeks time sound? No horns yet ans the amp is using a passive pre so volume is a little limited but i may have the Pumpkin pre finished by then.

Hi All, It is OK by me to have the group around to check out the Linkwitz speakers. Bring some music. Being retired I am free most evenings except Thursdays. I am currently recovering from a hernia repair operation that occurred a week ago, so while I am up and about I have to put up with some soreness. Being a bit reluctant to post my address on a public forum I will send it to lowpoke by PM or e-mail.

Keith

OK guys, what do we all want to do? 3GGG needs a few more weeks to get organised. Keith (although recovering from a hernia operation!) is happy to have us around in the meanwhile to listen to his Linkwitz Orions. (He lives on the southern side of the city just at the base of the hills.) He's also flexible with regard to availability.

Our first get together was after work and intended really for us to compare notes and decide whether we wanted to pursue a regular gathering. It seems we all do, so perhaps these get togethers could take place on the weekends when we all have a little more time and we're more relaxed (well I am at least)?

So should we try and do something next weekend (July 9 and 10), or the one after perhaps (July 16 and 17)?

Hi Guys, For anyone busting to attend an audio outing the next AES meeting is on Tuesday July 12th, 7.30 pm. The venue is an upstairs room at the Brunswick (formerly, Duke of Brunswick) Hotel, 207 Gilbert St.

The subject is directional subwoofers as applied to big live sound systems and the presenter is Peter Morris. There will be no speakers on display, just a presentation on the theory and the role of DSP in making it happen.

The commitee will be having a counter tea downstairs from 6.00pm and guests are welcome to join us.

Keith

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.