Seattle DIY Meet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I was plannig to attend the So Cal/Central Cal event until Charlielaub told me about your meet. I'm in Oly and need to meet and talk with other DIYer's. Sure would like to attend, though I'm not sure I have anything to bring.

You really don't need to bring anything except yourself and some enthusiasm!
One of the best things about these types of meets is just getting to know people and sharing ideas. For whatever reason, the Northwest has a large number of Audio "Heavy Hitter's", amateur as well as pro's. All in all, it's very friendly and low key.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Will anyone be bringing testing equipment for FR, CSD, etc? I would be very curious to finally find out just how my speaker are performing.

Hi,

At our speaker contests, which are held on alternate years from the DIY Meets, we're set up for taking FR and impedance measurements. I can ask around, but this is really just more of a "show and tell" meet. You may, however, meet someone there that would be willing to do some measurements at a later date.

What type of speakers do you have?

Best Regards,
TerryO

Hi,

At our speaker contests, which are held on alternate years from the DIY Meets, we're set up for taking FR and impedance measurements. I can ask around, but this is really just more of a "show and tell" meet. You may, however, meet someone there that would be willing to do some measurements at a later date.

Best Regards,
TerryO

I'm not so much interested in FR/Imp measurements as much as I am meeting fellow DIY'ers and audio fans. As for speakers; Encores, Statement monitors, a 2-way bookshelf of my own design based on 2" and 4" Tymphany buy-outs, and am working on a 2-way TL based on RS150 and Vifa BC25SC06. Waiting for fall, I have a complete set driver/x-overs, cabinet panels and veneers for Statements.

Hi,

Best Regards,
TerryO
Thanks Terry, that might very well suffice. I was thinking of asking around on the forums but this will be a better opportunity to meet someone willing to help. In any case, I have some simple but IMO elegant double bass reflex speakers built around the Tang Band W5 full range driver.

Ok Folks,

I'm going to kick this into gear and we'll be adding additional information and getting the word out from now on. The event will have the doors opening at around 9:30 AM. Early birds will be drafted to help set up...after all this is a DIY event!

Best Regards,
Terry

I just realized that I haven't included an address for the location of the meet.

The DIY Meet will be held in the basement of the Church and is accessed from the lower parking lot. It's not too hard to find. The meeting will officially start at 9:30 am. BTW: It's free to the public.

Here's the address:

Mercer Island Congregational Church (in the basement)
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

Best Regards,
Terry

2 weeks from now

Another reminder. The DIY Meet is 2 weeks from today!
If you intend to bring stand mounted speakers you may want to bring the stands as well, although we may be able to cobble something together at the meet, however it may be less than optimal.

If you're planning on attending and especially if you will be bringing something, if you would raise your hand and let me know what your project(s) consists of, it would be appreciated and will make planning a little less hectic.

Hope you can make it!

Best Regards,
Terry

I've got a question: how late are we planning to go? I had originally wanted to make it early, but a rehearsal and an early afternoon performance are going to regrettably hamper my attendance. I might not be able to make it earlier than 4:30!! :mad:

Hi,
In the past we've started cleaning up at around 4:30. We rent the room and whatever the agreement that's in force is pretty much the last word on that.
As much as I hate to say it, but these things are usually finished by then, if previous meets are any indication.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Looks like if I want to make this thing, I'll have to skip bringing my speakers and enjoy the precious hours before and in between my commitments.

I'm sorry to hear that thr conflicts in your schedule will curtail your participation in the event, as these meets can be very interesting.
In any event, I hope that you can attend, even for just a little while.

I just returned from the Vancouver Island DIY Fest last night and that was just about as much fun as a person can have and still be able to look people in the face the next day!
:D

Best Regards,
TerryO

As this thread hasn't seen much activity, I'll mention that I plan on bringing my Focused Array speakers, DR-1 "Big Money" speakers, the "Hi-Tweek Black Box Nearfield Monitors", along with my Chip Amp and a set of "Moonshine/ White Lightening" speaker cables. Space in my car is somewhat limited, otherwise I would bring a bit more.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.