Seattle DIY Meet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be holding it's semi-annual DIY meet on Saturday, August 27th at the Church on Mercer Island.

I'll be adding additional details as I get the information, but if you have a special audio project that you're working on, this may be an incentive to get it done in time to display it at the meet.

Best Regards,
TerryO

For anyone traveling from outside of Cascadia, you could get a two-fer, with the 8th annual VI diyFEST the weekend before (no coincidence, Terry & i always plan these so they don't crash into each other)

dave

I should mention that while Dave is an extremely nice, considerate and thoughtful individual, I'm not motivated by those same feelings.

The truth is that "I" want to be able to attend both events.
:D

Best Regards,
Terry "Mr. Meany" Olson

I have a bi-amped OB that I'd like to bring. Will there be amps, sources to complement the speakers?

That has yet to be arranged, but I will certainly try to have something on hand to allow people to demonstrate their gear. It wouldn't be much fun to just look at this stuff, would it?

I would recommend that if you have some gear that seems to work especially well together, that you may want to bring it, just in case. However, I'll try to keep everyone informed, as I know that those who have to travel long distances over mountain passes, fording rivers and fighting off wild animals on their trek to Fort Seattle would like to travel light.

Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
TerryO

OTOH, Chrisb has never admitted to anyone that he knows us and he hasn't had a bit of trouble.

Best Regards,
Terry

Took a while to see this - but actually Terry, there was a rather awkward incident a few years back while crossing on a trip to visit Bud - not only did they want to see our "business papers", but they ended up phoning him directly to confirm our appointment

For some reason the gentleman and lady at the checkpoint didn't like my attitude - I guess they thought I was a bit cavalier . As you're aware, I don't take everything seriously, clearly a big mistake here - and of course it's their training to be suspicious at all times. Must make it hard to throw them a surprise birthday party?

"you know, we don't need you to visit our country"

I kid you not

Geek can tell you about it

Last edited:
For some reason the gentleman and lady at the checkpoint didn't like my attitude - I guess they thought I was a bit cavalier . As you're aware, I don't take everything seriously, clearly a big mistake here - and of course it's their training to be suspicious at all times. Must make it hard to throw them a surprise birthday party?

Reminds me of my bike ride over to Port Angeles many years ago. I decided to go by myself, which was a big mistake! They took a distinct dislike to me for some reason.:mad:

jeff

Jeff,

It was probably the fact that you were riding a bicycle while wearing a long raincoat and a Hockey Mask in the middle of the Summer.
:cop: I'd be just a bit suspicious myself.

If you, or Chris think that it was somehow because you knew me, that's not going to fly.

Hmmmmmm...Come to think of it, a couple of years ago, when I gave a ride back to Panomaniac and Tea-head, they believed the Customs Guys were going to detain all of us as well. What a bunch of jumpy people.

Best Regards,
Terry "Honorable" Olson

They were, but the hand of fate was on my side, allowing me to "strut my stuff" in their fair city.:p

jeff

Jeff,
Is that what you're planning on wearing to the Van Island DIY Fest this Summer? Not that anyone there would probably notice. But just the same, I'll bring my camera as I continue my important Phrenological Research of the "Denizens of DIY".

Yours Truly,
Dr. Darwin A. Ward
Director of Research,
Dept of Phrenology and Phantasmic Phenomena

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.