"InDIYana 2011" speaker-DIY event coming up...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tentatively quarantined to the later end of April, awaiting confirmation of open days at the selected venue. Event will be held in Ft. Wayne, IN, USA.

More info to come, and the event process is already snowballing over here:

Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!! - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com

One set of gear CD/Pre/Amp will be setup to audition all passive speakers on a sow-and-tell basis without competition. Observers are welcome, please PM me or post here in this thread or in the PE-TT thread with questions. Occupancy is about 60 for the regular 2 sections, more if we use all three sections of the room. That is of course if the venue is available we had last year.

Regular attendance is about 30-40 persons, and ~20-25 pairs of speakers. This is a Friday and Saturday event, all day, both days, about 9am- whenever on EST day times. Typical is arrival from 10am+ Friday, and 6pm evening dinner with some gathering of people to chat afterwards. Saturday starts normally at 9am sharp, and ends between 5 and 7pm, depending on occupancy departure.

Concensus is 5x 1min snips of host-selected tracks, and 5 minutes of presenters' music for each pair. Requests should be entertained, depending on timeframe. Please bring tracks on a burned CD to prevent time loss.

Again- more info to come, hope you can attend!
Later,
Wolf

Pending calendar listing...

This will be the 5th annual InDIYana speaker-DIY event!

Venue:
Hyatt Place Fort Wayne - Google Maps

Friday, 9am EST (and probably DST) or whenever you arrive, to no later than 9pm.
We usually go out for dinner about 6-7pm, and then return and chat if you want or go home or to your hotel room til morning.

Saturday, 9am to 6 pm.

There will be a couple breaks plus lunch break in the day, and electronic gear will be provided. Please make sure your project can use banana jacks, or bring adapters so you can use the bananas in the speaker leads that will be present. Presenter will have 5 minutes of their own music on an audio CD, to be played following the house tracks. Bring stands if you wish, but my 22" stands will be present if those suffice.

Door prizes are a possibility, not a necessity, so don't expect them, but they may be there.

Food will not be provided, but there will be a water tray to quench your thirsts.

There is no entry fee.

Please PM "wolf_teeth" if you intend to attend, and I hope to see you there! It should be a fun time!! :)

Thanks for looking!
Wolf

Bill-
I'm sorry you couldn't stay longer as well, but glad you made it for what you did!

It was a blast and a half, and I'm glad some of the other forum's members were able to attend than just PE's.

For anyone who wants a link to some pictures, here are what are up thus far:
InDIYana 2011 pictures by bkeane1259 - Photobucket

Thanks for coming to anyone who did!
Wolf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.