Winter DIY OTTAWA MEET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A 3 or 4 foot ladder would be about perfect (depending on the speaker). Pierre, thanks, but 6' is too high, unless Mark's high horse isn't high enough (kidding!). ;-)

Mark, if you have a shorty, please bring it. I have some mdf and bolts I use to do back yard measures on a tall ladder, I'll bring those too.

If we play this right I figure we can get ~ 110Hz resolution and fmin quasi-anechoic at 6' measurement distances.

With a few of us manning the controls, we can do near field too. I have spreadsheets set up to model diffraction, add it to the NF and then splice to quasi anechoic, to get a full frequency range snap shot, so we have some options!

Dave I have an adjustable ladder that goes from four feet and up it will be useful for bookshelf size types. It's one of those two part 'A' frame types. And I'll put some platforms on the shorties. I have an 18" and a 24" so we will have quite a few heights to maximize the floor bounce time.

As close to the center of the available space in height is usually pretty safe.

I have the mic stand and it comes with a 50 foot cable to!

I think the bases are covered for that kind of stuff.

I have a nice stand and a mic wand to avoid any stand reflections. We could even get two going to make things happen quickly.

We can use the "mic height" excel calculator I sent earlier to fine tune any speaker/mic heights, if needed.

We got this thing smothered! :)

True we only have 4 hours. Not much time really. Getting setup will take some time. So that means I will actually have to work with you Dave. I'm willing to make the supreme sacrifice. I gotta get the digs in.

Yep your spreadsheet is awesome. Predicts all that is needed to know.

Almost like you know what you are doing?

Pierre has given notice that nothing can be left overnight. That kinda sucks for setup time but if we get there early on Sunday it will work out well.

Gotta make up a kind of loose schedule for presentations for Sunday.

Work? I'm bring virgin Caesars, who said anything about work? :)

I have my presentation done, I figure 20 mins tops, as quick as ten if I hear snoring from the back row.

We should get two measurement systems set up, one can be geared towards near field, the other quasi-anechoic, and we can post-process after the fact for anyone that wants the full Monty.

I've never been accused of being an early bird, but given the opportunity to torment you a bit longer, I'm available as early Sunday as needed!

Hey tormenting is my job description. Get your own!

Muhahahhaha

If we are careful there will be enough time to get some stuff measured properly. And I whole heatedly agree that we can number crunch latter.

I have four subs that are almost done that need measurements as well. Gonna be kind of difficult measuring them. To cold for ground plane now. But inroom close mike will get us something half useful. Then we can compare it to farther away etc.

I'm all ears

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.