Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Anyone going to the Dayton Hamfest?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2016, 01:47 AM   #171
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

While vacationing In Florida, today I went to one of my favorite Orlando area attractions.....ESRC vacuum tubes. I stopped by to pick up 270 fresh tubes to play with, and to talk tubes and politics with Stan for a couple of hours.

Stan claimed that the Orlando hamfest has grown every year since Miami died. I haven't been there in 3 or 4 years since it's a 1000 mile drive, but if Dayton dies, it may be necessary. Orlando sold 18,000 tickets this year, Dayton 22,000. Not all ticket purchasers actually show up though.
Old 28th April 2017, 07:00 AM   #172
jackinnj is offline jackinnj  United States
diyAudio Member

It's time:
Fairborn Daily Herald | Heads up: An invasion is coming
Old 13th May 2017, 03:30 AM   #173
diyAudio Member

The hamfest is next week, and I will be there. As the article stated it's in a new venue, so nobody really knows what to expect. Is the tiny town of Xenia really ready for the invasion......

Any other "invaders" going?
Old 14th May 2017, 10:44 AM   #174
Miles Prower is offline Miles Prower  United States
diyAudio Member

I'll most likely be there
Old 14th May 2017, 12:28 PM   #175
jmsent is offline jmsent  United States
diyAudio Member

My brother will be there by himself this year, selling off excess boat anchor stuff. He's always got quality stuff, and tests all of it before putting it out. Usually some Collins, Hallicrafters, etc. I'm sitting it out. I'm pretty sure the fleamarket will be smaller than before, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if the quality vendors show up. There was just so much junk that showed up at HARA; much of it the same useless crap, year after year. A little less of that wouldn't hurt the show one bit, IMO.
Old 24th May 2017, 03:06 AM   #176
diyAudio Member

It seemed like there were far less people at the "new" Dayton hamfest than usual. The weather did not help. The new venue isn't as bad as I had thought, however the main concern that I voiced to the swap meet chairman did turn out to be a big problem. MUDDD, and plenty of it.

The main flea market area was in the infield of a horse track. The isles for people to walk on had been heavily travelled by trucks pulling trailers during setup day (Thursday) and by people Friday and Saturday. The serious rain came Saturday around noon, and by two in the afternoon vendors were leaving. I tried to traverse the flea market around 3 PM and found it impossible in my usual flip flops, so I resorted to bare feet. The average mud level was over my ankles.

I had arranged a flea market spot near pavement, which turned out to be a lifesaver, because my FWD Honda would not have made it through that mud loaded down with over 1000 pounds of test equipment. I made it back to my swap spot around 4 PM. I was actually muddier than when I ran a Tough Mudder obstacle course race. I had to wash the mud off in a puddle since there was no running water nearby......but yes, I will do it again next year.

I didn't buy a single tube. In fact I didn't buy much at all. Didn't sell too much either.

Anyone going to the Dayton Hamfest?Hide this!Advertise here!