7th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2010

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
August 21st in the usual place. (up the mountain in Victoria, BC out in the forest at my place of residence/workplace)

Being #7 we keep getting more organized each year.

Some people have been making this a weekend long affair so we expect some people to arrive Friday night and not leave till Sunday.

People camp, stretch out on the deck, or claim floor space in the living room.

Edit: diyFEST reports starts here

dave

For those who want to get an idea of what these are all about: Threads about earlier VI diyFESTS

103684d1204695734-5th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2008-ibone-mtn-map.gif

no toying here, it's serious

thanks for the Link Dave, updating my addy book.

I'm planning on bringing:

me on a bad day,
Mike (if I can talk him into it),
Demetris,
Milevas (maybe:)),
Merrills in an enclosure for dave's amusement,
my DIY turntable /replinth (which ever is most successful),
a tonearm or two,
a slightly modified Stasis receiver, set up for normal and low dampening factor,

and whatever else I think could be interesting.
Oh ya and the missus if possible.

better start saving my pennies. I may need a bigger vehicle.

Attachments

• 100_0622.JPG
    100_0622.JPG
    975.1 KB · Views: 597
  • stew on a bad day.jpg
    stew on a bad day.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
I guess I should go sell my body then...

..assumin' anyone is payin'

Currently have them packaged as I moved. I did set up the Demetris again. The Dems sound slightly boxy compare to most everything I have in the house...I suspect it may be a lack of top end on the Hemps. The image beautifully. They remind me of the OBs until I added a tweeter to the Oxfords.

The Mileva's are truly wonderful. Until we are completely settled, I don't want to unpack them. I'd hate to kill a cat or two or three if they damaged them (of course I wouldn't, just trying to state how serious I would take it if the Mileva's became damaged by one of the pets, so please no "you animal hater or passive pet hater or be accused of cruelty to animals)...Chris had someone in Calgary interested in them, but every time I have offered to take them up or have the fellow down, it never seems to occur...

I can appreciate that $$$= happier Dave and Christ

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.