UK northern meet 2010 in Sheffield

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Simonty / Simon + 2-3 guests not on forum (Pedja Rogic circuit pre-amp, 3 way open baffles, modified Marantz power amps, various modified sources, rack, room treatments)

UV101 / Ian

bull041161 / Steve

john blackburn (LM1875s, LM3875s with LDR attenuator, ESP P06 phonostage, Dual 505-2, Hopefully a DX amp too)

poynton / Andy

chris661 / Chris (budget FAST speakers, modded amp, but this may change as I'm persuading Dad to order an Amp6b... might even have gone biamped when it comes around)
brig001 / Chris' Dad (Chris + Chris's stuff)

littlerick

Count me in... Gimme excuse to take the Ninja for a thrash
:rofl: Hey, i'm with this guy :D If i get a bike back on the road this year though i'll be up for it, like littlerick i somehow doubt i'll be bringing a hifi system on a motorbike :D Never owned a Kawasaki...

Good excuse for a blatt about & to meet people & a chance to see what everyone else is up to.

I'd need a estate car as a minimum to bring stuff & with a lack of a license it just isn't going to happen :( If i can get there i'm sure it'll still be fun though ;)

Same for me - GCSEs until the 15th June......

Played with DC motors in Physics today, I called mine Sparky. Anyway...

I'll be bringing my little amp, with passive pre amp, and a pair of pretty big speakers, with a laptop to play the music. If anyone wants to listen to their own music through them, I'm more than happy to let you guys bring pendrives with music (or CDs if you still use those......)

Chris

We had a lot of music played off laptops at the Chesterfield meet. Not to criticise people's choice of source (a laptop could sound good in theory) but good ones were absent in 2007. That won't be the case this time, I promise.

Lee, how could I forget you?! I'm sure you'll only use a litre or two if your Focus is still running by then :D

And I bet you'll have some audio treats for us.

Simon

I use a £10 usb DAC, and the sound from that will happily beat things like an ipod touch, nano (and any other portable media player that gained WHF awards).

I just find CDs so inconvenient, mainly because my PC is my CD player, so by the time that's booted, I might as well pick from our 35Gb of tracks.
The problem for me is finding a CD player that will keep up with the rest of my system. I've had a few people listen to my speakers and they agree a commercial one would need around £1000 to sound as good. I can't afford a £1000 CD player to match that.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.