Interest in a Los Angeles Area DIY Audio Club?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yikes... I just get my email working again and read some back messages... Would have been unhappy to find I'd missed it by a couple days!!

Off the top of my head, I probably could make either one, though really should research that some more. I'll post later. Would like to hear the Plutos! Were you the one who brought a pair to Burning Amp... and I managed to never get back in the room when they were playing?

I have a few things I could bring, in various states of assembly.. will fill in later...

Let's do this on the 12th. Come over by 11am. I will have a light lunch for everyone and we can hang a few hours. Post here if you plan on coming and then PM for the coordinates. If there are at least 2 people coming the event is on.

So what's the parking and roads like where you're at? Remote possibility I might be able to attend (though I think I'm scheduled for that weekend).

Getting ready for Saturday! Looking forward to it. Gotta move some stuff around to get all into the living room.

For sources I will have an Oppo player, my own losslessly compressed server running into a Roku SoundBridge 1000. I can also accommodate Airplay via a modded iPod touch. In fact I even have vinyl, although not the finest (just set that up to experiment). Nagaoka 113 snails, a pair of Lanzettas, Manzanita OBs, Metronomes, and a pair of Plutos. For amps I have an Onix SP3, MyRef_revC, Rotel RB956-AX, MJR7-mk3, a raw ESP amp and a TP Buffalo DAC.

That should keep us busy for a little while!

Peter

Wow, sounds like you've got enough for all of us to leave everything at home... ;)

I have a set of Zaph budget monitors, with small sub and DCX2496 crossover that will be easy to manage, may not bring the floorstanding 8" 2way's depending on hassle, mood of back problem, and how crowded your living room is getting...

See you all tomorrow...

Fun!

Here is a little teaser. Thanks to Chris, Dennis, John, and Tal. I for one enjoyed hearing what a subwoofer can do when supporting a smaller monitor (thanks John for bringing all your gear!). A reminder to finish some of the outstanding projects, in particular the low end supporter for my single driver speakers. Make `em not work so hard.

Peter

Attachments

• diyaudio.jpg
    diyaudio.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 70
Thanks Peter!

Hello all,

Had a great time, and wanted to thank Peter again for being such a gracious host, as well as being an extremely decent fellow.

Wish I was able to stay later (especially as I had to leave to go to work! On a Saturday!) but look forward to the next time - by then I'll bring some of my own projects.

(Also wish I had a chance to hear the Plutos...)

cheers,
-Tal

ps: music I played was:
Alela Diane (The Pirate's Gospel) singer/songwriter - dark/moody/sparse folk
Blind Pilot (3 Rounds and a Sound) - relaxing quality soft rock with non-obnoxious horns
Of Montreal (Hissing Fauna - Are You the Destroyer?) - amazing glam-ish rock with great lyrics, melodies, bass guitar, just great all around

didn't play a bazillion other bands, but if you're into folk-music-meets-Pink-Floyd, Yeasayer is a great band to check out (their album All Hour Cymbals is wonderful)

pps: Hipcooks is the cooking school I mentioned - here's their catalog of classes:
Hipcooks :: Classes :: Descriptions

Yes, thanks again Peter for hosting us!

Great house, great hospitality... and great to meet some new addicts, er, people...

Nice to have several examples of speakers to compare, and I finally got to hear the Plutos! :cool:

Was good to hear some new music... perhaps we could get Peter's playlist? Other than the great SRV track, I wasn't familiar with most of them... I knew I should have kept the notepad handy...

Looking forward to the next one... hopefully will have some other things to bring...

Jon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.