Interest in a Los Angeles Area DIY Audio Club?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Hobby recognition"

Greetings, everyone! Just saw a new ACURA TSX Commercial on CNBC, where there's a guy in a room seated next to his TUBE audio amp "looks like KT-88 output's" and he ask's the question, "do you know how rare these are?". Works in the car ad, nicely but, "how expensive they are?" would be somewhat more accurate! ;)

Last edited:
Diy...

I live near Sacramento, and I might drive all the way down to SoCal if there was an interesting DIY event going on... I could even show off some projects that I have made using stuff from ApexJr! It would be fun to meet Steve and any area DIY enthusiasts. Also, since we had a few guys drive up here from Orange County for our last couple area DIY events, I want to response in kind!

-Charlie

Had someone mention this thread to me... hello!

Looks like the OC people are almost starting to outnumber the LA ones... ;)

I'm in Irvine. Have a couple of somewhat interested friends in Orange and Mission Viejo. Have heard of or met a few other builders in OC. I'd be very interested in some kind of event...

Once upon a time, I and another friend who was in Placentia, were trying to get some group together in So Cal... it was tough. We did have a "mini DIY event" once at his house though, with two other guys from Riverside county... was pretty fun. :D This is a lot more people than we had respond 2-3yrs back. It's good to see that there's more out there now!

I've got a moderate sized house, so it would be possible to host a moderate sized turnout... Got a moderate amp, (Berhinger A500) above moderate DAC (Twisted Pear Buffalo 1) and moderate speakers, (Jon Marsh's Modula MT's, for a while) amongst a few others, and a few in the idea/getting cooked stage. Other gear of course would be welcome. Moderately large back yard, pool, etc. Could be a moderately good time!

Anyway... I'm interested in whatever shapes up... I get busy too, but have been known to drive long distances to things. (Hi Charlie!) I would love to have some kind of event going on down here.

Last edited:
Thread's not dead!! :D

For me, it's been a rotating selection of work "stuff" and events that's been keeping me rather busy. I'm still interested, and am more likely to be able make some time if there was an event.

Think we're all waiting for someone else to take the large, male bovine by the pointy parts.

Maybe another survey, some PM's or emails out to earlier repliers, to see who's where, then we could talk about a when?

Jon in Irvine...

NorCal DIY Audio group invites you to our Spring 2011 meeting

Hey all DIYers in SoCal... I'd like to invite you to a road trip up to our Spring meeting in Davis (near Sacramento) on May 7th (tentative date as of 2/9). I have stated a thread on the PE forum about it:
I will post info here in the Clubs & Events forum once the date and other stuff has been firmed up.

-Charlie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.