The Burning Amp Festival- October 18th 2009 Sign ups

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Burning Amp 2009 is looking good! As always some cool surprises await you.
First let me remind you that it is not necessary to sign up in advance- We have never turned away anyone at the door. Just bring your $20 admission and you are good. The most important reason we have pre-registration is to find out what sort of gear is coming. Still, even if you aren't bringing anything it is useful for us to know if you are coming. So far it looks like there is more interest than last year.

This year our biggest effort is to get listening sessions well organized so that you can hear most of the equipment. We will schedule sessions for various components in advance and post the scheduled session times here. When you arrive with your project(s) there will be sign-up lists for the sessions and we will go in the order of sign-up.

People who pay in advance will be entered in a drawing at the event. If you have written me don't worry, I will respond to those that contacted me very soon and give them payment information if they wish to take this option.

So far the diyAudio Members who have signed up are:

Wrenchone
Tea-Bag
AR2
Tannoy133
cviller
1audio
Variac
grenert
WBS
untangle
Iain McNeill
grufti
sancarlosscott
berndt
carpenter
olen
Jack Hidley
wirewiggler,
eclectic2k
VPHarris
Tosh
gl

Non-Members who have signed up:
Eric B.
Jack E.
Dave G.
Jon C.
Rick W.
Floyd A.
Paul N.
Adam L.
David H.
and:
Mystery Woman

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Registration acknowledgments go out tonight! We will supply tables and chairs, Muffins and coffee, and for a reasonable price, lunch.

The venue has all sorts of drinks for sale, including wine and beer. Our contract with them stipulates that they supply all drinks. We are not allowed to bring them.

Hope this helps

Mark

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK here are the people who have registered.
The $ sign signifies prepayment
This is looking good!!!
Remember, if you decide at thelast minute to come, we will welcome you and you can pay at the door!

$ Mike Thomas
Eric Benjamin
Jack Elliano
Dave Grady
Demian Martin
James (J. P.) Grenert
$ Vincent Spanier
$ Bob Walters
$ Iain McNeill
$ Hans Apel*
$ Scott McSwain
$ William Berndt
$$ John Inlow
$ Rick Widebrook
$ Olen Rasp
Jack Hidley
$ Richard Hester
$ Bill Ellis
$ Chris Kuhn
Vince Harris
Floyd Andrews
Anton Singh
Trish Twining
Thomas Twining
Paul Norton
Graeme Little
Adam LaBarge
Dave Hartzell
$ Robert Bielby
$ David Gravereaux
Dave Halley
$ T Brooke
Ray Stafford
$ Patrick Fleck
Jan Didden
Gary Bronner
Jiefu Shi
$ Kent Leech
$ Kurt Bauer
$ Scott Mallett
Kirkwood Rough
Paul Norton
$ Stanley Lam
Francois Souchay
Doug Tuthill
$ Ron Bradley
Andrew Steele
George Cherhit
$ Nelson Chen
Bruce Richardson
John Hughes
Dave Grier
Charles Moore 
Scott Serl

Last edited:
Way OT -Getting to Burning Amp

I was looking at Google and I'm staying in n Embarcadero (my wife has a conference that ends Saturday) it looks easy to get to by car - which may be an option - doesn't look like buses go there, looks like a long way to walk, Biking might be fun and the ferry looks fun or a combination of bike and ferry

Any thoughts from old timers
Also any spouse activities - the last thing she's interested in is amps but she might like to come over and have a beer or go out to eat afterwards

Tom Brooke

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You CAN rent a bike - down around Pier 39 I think. IT is quite windy to go over the bridge, but there are hundreds of people doing it daily on their rented bikes. (just bring a sweatshirt) Once over the bridge, a short ride to the site. When you get over the bridge immediately turn LEFT (West) sharply through the parking lot and cut back towards SF through the security gate (bikes can go around it) and descend to the foot of the bridge. When you get to the bottom of the hill you are a 1/4 mile from Presidio Yacht club- Next to the Discovery Museum and the Coast Guard Station.

Good plan! BUT I am pretty sure that there ARE buses to that area Golden Gate Transit..
Good to research for the return trip

We will have burgers for lunch, but for dinner- there are some good restaurants in Sausalito, right down the road..

Mark

Hi

Could some kind soul forward me the paypal instruction? I too want to get the $ sign next to my name but just don't know how to pay for it :)

Thanks!

Stanley

Slam,
Glad to help out, BTW, what part of CA are you coming from?
First you need to have a PayPal account. Do you?
If so, it's easy as fallin' off a log.
Copy Mark's email address. (iguana at crozone dot com) fix the email address by replacing the at and dot.
Open up your Paypal account from their website and click on "Send Money"
Paste Mark's email address in the "To" area, subtitle email or mobile phone.
Click on the amount box and type in $20, USD.
In the next section click "services".
Then click continue.
Next page will be "Review Payment", if it looks OK, click "Send Money".
In the "Message box" below make sure to tell Variac (Mark) what you name is and what your Login name is too. I don't think we are using our login name on the nametags this year but it's a way for him to contact you if all else fails.

See you at BA3!

Ron

Ron,

Thanks much for the detailed instruction! Will send the money rightaway. I live in Fremont so it would be a nice Sunday morning drive up there. Can't wait to go to BA3 to suck up the knowledge from the experienced folks and have some fun. See you there!

Stanley

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.