A DIY event in Denmark?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
That's a great offer Anders, thanks.

I would though try to make sure this is happening somewhere in Jutland, as it would make it reasonable for many Germans to drop by, but a lot of the work is also doable off-location, so I just might pick you up on the offer.

Magura :)

where's that from your home , and from Manu's , too ?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
What about making a “when” “where” and a”what to-do” list?

I’m very keen and can do a lot of stuff.

Well I will not travel all the way and pick up Zen Mod, but hopefully he will be there.

Cheers

I will, once I have somebody whom will help with the practical side of this.

I know how much work this is, so not happening if I'm going to do it on my own.

If you want to make an event you could "advertise" on the danish fora:

I have deliberately not advertised this on the Danish forums, because if you take a closer look at those, you will find that 95+% of what is there, has little to do with DIY.
My intention for this event, is not to bring on as big a crowd as possible, but to have as many DIY'ers as possible to meet up.
This is based on the experience, that if the attendees are not DIY'ers, but just people with interest in hifi, it ends up being hard to keep the S/N ratio reasonably good.
I have previously attended a couple of such hifi meetings, and it turned out to be simply waste of time, seen from a DIY aspect.

I dare to expect, that anybody in Denmark, with a serious interest in DIY, are also a member here, or at least knows somebody who are.

we need an agenda

Sure we do, but the agenda heavily depends how many will attend, as some things are only possible up to a certain number of attendees.

My plan in general is:

A bunch of "show and tell".

A few lectures: Thermal management, grounding scheme, etc..

Swap meet if enough interest is shown for such.

If possible to find a venue that offers reasonable acoustics (and only if that demand is met), listening sessions as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.