6th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2009

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would be interested in coming out from Calgary. I tried to come last year but things just didn't turn out. I guess i should buckle down and get 1 or 2 of my half finished projects completed so i can show something off.
going to keep it in mind for sure, now i have extra motivation. BOO YA!

Dave

planet10 said:
Yes, we have already tentatively planned to have a slightly more rigourous schedule to give everyone a chance... to this end we'll need to know what everyone is bringing.

While last year was a little unorganized WRT listening areas, it was really only a problem in the downstairs area. Far more of a problem was the beer cooler disorganization...I went to bed sober!!!!

Audio on the mtn

I am keen to come down island.
If Cal is allowed to attend maybe I can too. I will try and not cause too much kaos. But you know what happens when beer and buddies get together, there is always some sort of experimentation going to happen.

Maybe I will have something interesting to show off. I have been in the shop a lot lately playing with audio and other stuff.
I should have a few home brews for sure. I could bring a keg of something drinkable. A nice pale ale perhaps, something to enjoy on a shirtless warm afternoon.
Lots of time to decide.
I hope to see you there

Ok let me get this straight!.

There will be a bunch of hairy half naked men drinking beer running around in kilts.
Sounds a lot safer than Ed's horn fest just a little more visually disconcerting.
Good thing I am an audiophile and not a visualphile.

Keep the Americans away from the Canadian beer and the decent euro imports they might create a revolt when they go back home. Heheh. ;)

August Eh! Hmm thats about a month later than I plan on passing through. Nuts and more Nuts.

Gex

gexter said:
August Eh! Hmm thats about a month later than I plan on passing through. Nuts and more Nuts.

Well, the carpool from Alberta is usually in the "how many some not very small guys can we pack into a Sprint and still be able to cross the Rockies" adventure class. I'm sure they can duct tape you to the aerial and bring you across :)

LOL

Well wrap me in tin foil and call me an antenna.

we shall see what transpires over the next month or two. I may be going earlier with the Family and stop over pre fest,

last time I did that I took the roof rack and got bugs in my teeth and was full by the time we stopped for lunch.

Who is going from Alberta?
For later referance just in case I may go that route.

Gex

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The last couple events have been a bit caotic in terms of gear being demoed.

It has been suggested that we put together a loose schedule of demos. So with that in mind, if you are bringing something let me know what and i'll try to put something together that gives everyone a better chance to demo or hear the stuff they'd like.

We are on track to have a 4th space for setting up EnABL/not Enable so that frees up the living room for full-time demo.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
rx7mark said:
Is it bad form to come to the DIYfest as a newbie without anything to demo? I would love to here and see some gear to get inspiration.

When in August is this event set for?

Mark,

Not at all. Newbies are encouraged... you get a great opportunity to see what is possible and yo meet a lot of people & learn a lot.

Aug 22. Details in the 1st posts in this thread.

dave

I'll see if my parole officer will let me leave the country. If so.... put my name on a couple of those beers.

I have a policy about kilts and clothing though. I keep my cloths on unless the female to male ratio is > 1:1 If you can attract that many Canadian honeys I'll consider disrobing but I'd expect the ratio to change quickly once the cloths start coming off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.