6th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2009

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vancouver Island DIY fest '09 anyone?

It's time to start thinking about it again - the weekend of Aug 22/23rd. Main day is Saturday Aug 22.

y'all probably know most of the details, and for any potential newbies, the event would be at Dave & Ruth's place in the wilds of Finlayson Arm Rd.

While there's lots of excitement, good tunes & food, and general mucking about with audio, sorry, but no homemade fireworks (unless you count blown voice coils), bottle-rockets or open firing range.

(this ain't Southern Carolina)

Almost everything from last years FEST (2008) is applicable

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129156

and earlier ones
(2007) http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100098
(2006) http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81260
(2005) http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62437

Re: Vancouver Island DIY fest '09 anyone?

Is this event only for Canadians, or are tourists allowed to attend?

I would like to attend, along with a friend, but I'm not sure as to what your dress code consists of, in case he decides to wear one.

One other question: Do they sell beer in Canada, or is the only beverage Canada Dry?

Thanks in Advance,
Terry Olson

Terry, ask Kevin about Canadian beer

and in the spirit of bipartisanship, let me say it's not a "Canadian" thing or a "tourist" thing - it's an audio thing

hope to see all y'all crackers there

and Terry, tell your date to relax - "lumberjack chic" is just fine

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Terry,

Can i get you to pick up the MJ magazines i have stashed at Audio Magus on your way up. Your bed is reserved.

Iain,

Which Tartan is yours? There seems to be a bit of a black 'n blue theme...

180px-Macneil_of_Barra_tartan_%28Clan_Macneil%29.jpg
180px-Macneil_of_Colonsay_tartan_%28Clan_Macneil%29.jpg
180px-MacNeil_tartan_%28Vestiarium_Scoticum%29.png

dave

I am of the MacNeil of Barra clan, the first tartan in the trio.

Spelling was never a strong point for us.

P.S. I got to visit Barra a couple of years ago and saw where the Tartan came from. The hills are all dark blue and dark green in the rain clouds but there are small yellow flowers of clover here and there. It is a true picture of the land.

planet10 said:
Terry,

Can i get you to pick up the MJ magazines i have stashed at Audio Magus on your way up. Your bed is reserved.

Iain,

Which Tartan is yours? There seems to be a bit of a black 'n blue theme...

dave

Dave,
I'd be glad to if you can furnish an address and phone number for AudioMagus.

MJ = Medical Journal?

Iain,
Royal Stewart and MacFayden here (also spelled McFadden(?), a Sept of the MacLaines of Lochbuie).

Scots, Scots-Irish and Irish + 25% Square-Head (Norwegian).

As absolute proof of my heritage, last year SCD and I were going to toss a coin to decide something, but it couldn't be done as neither one of us could let go of the penny long enough to get it airborne;)

Best Regards,
TerryO

For voice coils entering warp speed, sans cone and spider, see Geek :eek: :clown:

How about a small organized programme, so everything gets a fair shake?

Last year Dave spent a lot of time making a blind A/B test that no one really knew about until it was being taken down :(

You guys know I'll be there, health and vehicle cooperating.

Can I come?

Only if you don't buy any tickets ;) :D

Cheers!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Geek said:
How about a small organized programme, so everything gets a fair shake?

Yes, we have already tentatively planned to have a slightly more rigourous schedule to give everyone a chance... to this end we'll need to know what everyone is bringing.

Last year Dave spent a lot of time making a blind A/B test that no one really knew about until it was being taken down

This year it should be better. I'm working hard to clear out a dedicated listening area in the basement brtween my office and the library.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.