The second UK diyAudio meet: UKFest08

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From what I can see of Brent's CD player I think it has a sump & automatic submersible pump in the corner to take care of tea & coffee!!!

We can use my pseudo people carrier for the trip which will seat 6 in reasonable comfort. Chesterfield/Sheffield/Doncaster is an easy enough run around.

I'll definately be there, wherever there is, but I'm on holiday from the 23rd of August for 1 week. I realise that this may encompass the best time for some people but, if it's possible, it would be great if it could be either after or (more likely) before the 23rd. To make up for it I'd be willing to ferry people from the South Wales area to wherever it's being held.

Tim F said:
From what I can see of Brent's CD player I think it has a sump & automatic submersible pump in the corner to take care of tea & coffee!!!

We can use my pseudo people carrier for the trip which will seat 6 in reasonable comfort. Chesterfield/Sheffield/Doncaster is an easy enough run around.

Sounds great! Only spanner could be me bringing a guest or two, in which case I'd simply drive as well, no big deal.

Simon

ps - yes, the cd63 there makes a superb espresso! :nod:

Venue offer

If all else fails, I am sure I can arrange to use our village hall.

Pro:
Cheap (£15/night, I expect not too much for whole weekend)

Car parking right beside it for about 20 cars, more along roadside.

Has bar/kitchen/loos.

Lots of seats, tables etc.

About 5 minutes drive from M50 junction 2, so easy for Wales, M5/M4/M6.

Acoustics not terrible.

Pub about 200yards away down main road.

Nice part of the country for keeping partners etc happy.

Anti:
Only one big rectangular room.

Acoustics nothing special.

Not much accommodation within walking distance, have to go to nearby towns (Malvern, Ledbury or Upton, 10-15 minutes drive), unless you can get into B&B or have caravan or happy to camp.

Nearby pub is terrible - better one about a mile away.

Long way for people from E side of UK.

If partners want proper shopping, nearest place is Cheltenham.

If anybody thinks this is worth following up, I can take some photos, and get prices.

wow this thread has taken off rapido...

I quite like Vikash' first idea of Milton Keynes...its right in the middle of the country and its on the M1 which has to be the fairest access route for everybody in the UK.........it seems a logical idea?

Ed

WTF which country you live in mate - central...yes I don't mind travelling but come on, central to the country LOL.

Anyway I am happy travelling the 4hours and 220 miles from that bit missing between Leeds and Scotland i.e Durham. (the proper north east)

John

seroxatmad said:

WTF which country you live in mate - central...yes I don't mind travelling but come on, central to the country LOL.

Anyway I am happy travelling the 4hours and 220 miles from that bit missing between Leeds and Scotland i.e Durham. (the proper north east)

John

My apologies, I'd quite forgotten about you foreign geordie types......but thinking about it, is anywhere easy for you?

:D

Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.