The second UK diyAudio meet: UKFest08

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Guys, bad news. It looks extremely unlikely that building work will be finished in time for the 26th :( The original schedule has fell by the wayside with the onset of problems. Its a 170 year old building so they keep finding more and more areas patch up the closer they look. They're now quoting mid November for completion but I wouldn't hold my breath, its more likely the end of November given what I've seen.

I think we can knock the hall idea on the head for this year.

However I still fancy a get together of some kind so Simon/whoever else are welcome to drop by mine for an afternoon. I'll be honest and say I've got an ulterior motive here - I've been doing a room acoustic treatment and I've had very little feedback on the LGT loudspeakers so would really enjoy sharing what I've been working on these past couple of years and maybe get some thoughts for area's of improvement.

The room is small at 2.5m x 4.2m but there's three comfortable recliners and room to squeeze a couple more small chairs if needed so seating for up to 5 people.

ShinOBIWAN said:
Guys just to give you plenty of notice, the building has been booked for Sunday the 26th October 9am-5pm. Hope this doesn't clash for too many folks.

So if your interested make a note on your calender and just post a quick confirm either here in this thread or email me zeroex_15@hotmail.com to let me know what sort of numbers to roughly expect.

This ones going to be free this year, just bring yourself and whoever you like along with any audio related goodies.

I'm not a fantastic organiser so it'll very much be an informal day.

Anyone and everyone welcome of course.

What building where??!!!
:bawling:

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
hotiron said:

What building where??!!!
:bawling:

There's a bunch of building work going on in the hall we were going to use for this so the meet I was planning to arrange has been cancelled for this year. Instead I'll be having a small gathering round at my place but its only a small listening room so I capped the number of folks at 5 which has now been filled up.

Hopefully we can get another gathering sorted for early next year.

I don't know what the status of this meet is? I know there's the Eggborough one tomorrow but is this one still likely to go ahead? How is the building now?

Both venues are a great distance from me (still car-less, though mabye not for too much longer, but I don't think I'd cope well with long drives!). Just to put the idea out there, is anyone in interested in a more Southern meet, ie Swindon?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.