The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BAF 2013 Videos are here !!!

Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems) has posted video from the 2013 Burning Amp. These video's include speakers Jan Didden, Nelson Pass,Scott Wurcer, Siegfried Linkwitz, Paul Norton (Linear Integrated Systems). The video also include a Walk Thru, and Photo's. We have to apologize that the remote mike was a little hot in the beginning so adjust your volume accordingly. We might re-release after editing the audio.

Enjoy!!!! :)

Linear Integrated Systems - YouTube

2013 Burning Amp Video Speaker Jim Tiemann - 6L6

Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems) has posted video from the 2013 Burning Amp. This videos include speakers Jim Tiemann - 6L6. We have to apologize that the remote mike was a little hot in the beginning so adjust your volume accordingly. We might re-release after editing the audio.

Enjoy!!!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5eOnuQJ3ww

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dear friends,

I complaind to audioXpress that there were no free subscriptions for the raffle this year.
Not to be outdone, they authorised me to offer 50% reduction on a one year subscription! So instead of $ 50 you only pay $ 25 for a combined 12 printed and online issues.

I should mention that aX has been increased in size from 48 to 66 pages with the Nov issue, which sports our own SY's review of QSC's new power amplifier family.

If you are interested, send an email to Variac through the forum and he will take care of it.
Limited to 100 subscriptions though.

Jan

And for the end, a real burning treasure. Linkwitz's system. Listening to these is event on its own.

Now that I am summarizing in my head today's show I came to interesting realization. In two rooms, two audio giants were sharing with us their vision of audio nirvana. They both achieved it with completely different approach. Nelson did it with two transistors, and Linkwitz did it with complete opposite, full multi amp system. Both systems were pure nirvana we all hope to achieve one day with our systems. These experiences are etched in my mind, that I will recall every time I would need to compare how something should sound.

This show owes a lot to great people who donated their talents, time and energy over the last seven years, and without them most likely would never succeed. Having Nelson Pass, Siegfried Linkwitz, Scott Wurcer, Linear Systems team, Jan Diden... at one place, having fun, was something beyond my dreams when we started Burning Amp seven years ago.

What kind of loudspeakers was this single transistor wonders playing through?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.