The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Machining feet. Here I am drilling hole that will be tapped in order to attach plastic parts that are there to prevent scratching of the floor.

Attachments

• feet.jpg
    feet.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 335
janneman said:
Vladimir,

Do you also sleep sometimes :scratch:

Jan Didden

:)
You know, my problem is that I like to enjoy what I do. But than there are many things that I enjoy, and really there is not enough time.

On another note, listen this. I went to a book store to buy Stereophile with article about BAF. So while I was there I picked a few more magazines. I randomly picked what looked good and I took Absolute Sound and British HI - FI News. I came home and after reading Stereophile article, I went on perusing through other two. So I am slowly going through the HI-FI News and than I came to page 35...

FastEddy said:
" ... You know, my problem is that I like to enjoy what I do. ..."

The pleasures of the machine shop, the soldering station, the tool belt ... You just can't beat it for a more rewarding life.

Keep the faith ... :D :smash:

:D

My wife feels the same. :rolleyes:
Joking really, she always supported me with all my obsessions. She even helped me when I was veneering my speakers.

janneman said:

So, give us the ugly details please!

Jan Didden

Just wanted to add some drama and suspense, ha :D :D :D
(Add some music from "Twilight Zone")

There is an article titled " Burning Amps, rattlin rafters" and it is report from BAF 09. In a British magazine that I just randomly picked from the shelf? The same month - February, just like Stereophile?

So I am ether psychic or BAF is so big that everyone writes about it?

I believe it took me around 6 months of work, but I was working on and off any time I had free time. I did brushed finish and powder coating as well which worked well, but anodizing would look better for the front panel.
Regarding next project I have several planned. Learning how to do transformer winding. I have really nice vacuum tube preamp that I am planning to modify - to loose output caps and use output transformers instead. I hate caps and I love transformers. Next I am waiting for F3 F4 and F5 boards, so I could experiment and see how they are sounding. Than I am planning to make new cases for my 6 channel balanced volume control... Than I would like to learn more on digital side - DACs... I do not know way too many things are going on.

" ... article titled " Burning Amps, rattlin rafters" ..."

No Googler yet ... maybe later this month.
===

" ... some music from "Twilight Zone" ..." = http://www.amazon.com/At-Rockpalast-Region-Golden-Earring/dp/B0007TX8SU/ ? ... or ... http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Truth-Region-Golden-Earring/dp/B0002N7I32/ ... Both with 24 bit/48k or better sound tracks ... but PAL Zone 2 format requires a tweaked "universal" player like http://oppodigital.com/ ... :D ... The original EmptyV video is hard to find ... :confused:

(The Twilight Zone / Golden Earring CD is only 16 bit/44k = :bawling: )
===

" ... annual mega party of the industrial design faculty overhere, cute chickidies too ..." = Got links?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That heatsink info from AR2 could be a godsend!
And yes he does have all that equipment! He helped me with my cwaaazy F4 towers.

Clearly I'm not as ambitious in my projects so I need to scrounge a bit: the silver transformer cover is an Ikea pan, and the Stainless steel cover plates on the sides are rearview mirror parts!

A really generous guy! Now that we are famous ;) we need to get on with planning 2009- I somehow doubt the article was about BAF 2009,:whazzat: prob 2008..

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.