The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Deck and entrance to the lower level, that is where you will be getting your name tags and Burning Amp 2008 buttons...

Attachments

• 1a7w5936amp-progress.jpg
    1a7w5936amp-progress.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 270
" ... The "ocean level" room looks a bit live with the hardwood floors and all. We should make it a "bring your own rug" event! ..."

Good idea = Yes it is a quite "live" room. I have attended dinners there and the crowd noise is high = lots of reflection from the picture windows, hard walls, etc. ... But it is nothing that some wall hanging rugs and a few corner pillows won't cure. :smash:

Weather permitting, the outdoor deck is really nice ... October = Indian Summer in the Bay Area = fingers crossed.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
They have recently "improved" the room.
(before the photo, the photo is the current condition)
It now has an acoustic tile suspended ceiling- a double edged sword as I have heard that the plenum area above tile can sometimes cause problems. The "clap test" show it to be live but not excessively. We have lots of moving blankets from the last event so can put those around although Vladimir claims that they are slippery on the floor. We do need to figure out how to use them effectively in this new space. Possibly just putting rolled and folded ones around and in the corners will help, but suspending them is preferred. The floor would be ideal, but I guess we need to do a slip test of some sort..

Iain McNeill said:
The easiest solution is just to get 100 of us to commit to being in the room to begin with. The absorption vs frequency of a human body is top shelf stuff.

That is exactly what we counted on, but we counted over 200 :) :) :) . No treatment needed with all the people present, we do not need dead sounding room.
:D :D :D :D
I already love it with all the enthusiasm and excitement present here.

Guys, feel free to suggest and brainstorm here if you would like to see any addition or changes in the format of the event. We were very happy how the last year event turned out, but we feel that this year we would like to see more structured event. In another words closer adherance to the schedule, so that everyone has enough chance to present their equipment. That is why we felt that it is very important to have a separate rooms with no sound interaction between the rooms, in order to accommodate more people.

How do you feel about presenters and their talks? Do you feel they are needed or we should minimize that and stick more to equipment presentations? Last year we had Alex from RAAL, and this year we are hoping to have Mr. Linkwitz, but I really would like to hear what do you think. If you prefer more talks what subjects would you have the most interest in? Based on last year impressions, I have a feeling that two aspects of the event were the most dominant: Socializing - getting to know each other, and listening sessions. Well, there was one more - Santa Pass.

Please let us know, we are all ears.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.