The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, here's a couple of my photos:

Here's Variac and SY

Attachments

• sy mark.jpg
    sy mark.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 714
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
FastEddy said:
Unless you are on the "No Fly" list for being a terrorist or killed someone or were employeed by WorldCom

I am on some list that predates 911 for getting caught in an agricultural endeavor (24 years ago with 23g wet). I have been turned away while flying twice, and warned in no uncertain terms not to attempt to cross the border. Everyone but the US recognizes my pardon (which i've hadfor a dozen years)

dave

FastEddy said:
Lousymusician/Lousyphotographer: Got more??

I would especially like to see a pic of the assembly of the ribbon tweeters demo done in the AM, if possible ... :smash:

Also did anyone mention the buttons? ... the great refer magnets and pins that Vlad's gang cooked up for all ... too cool ... :D

Sorry, that's just about everything I took. Alexander's demo was done in very dim light to allow for the close up projection, so I didn't even try for pics.

Besides, there were too many intersting people to talk to to spens all day taking pictures!

Bill

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
LuckyLyndy said:
Nelson,

Elf Lyndon
Salt Lake City

Now when are you taking a secret sleigh ride to make an early visit to
Zen Mod's chimney???
:cool:

LL , tnk ya for remembering me , but - naah ......... :clown:

I'm already more than gifted from Papa ..........

hehe - ya remember that I'm always gifted when I'm not in disgrace .......

:devilr:

planet10 said:

I am on some list that predates 911 for getting caught in an agricultural endeavor (24 years ago with 23g wet). I have been turned away while flying twice, and warned in no uncertain terms not to attempt to cross the border. Everyone but the US recognizes my pardon (which i've hadfor a dozen years)

dave

Same same. Don't bother. The pass is only good for a year, and in specific ways. Then they make you do it again. It's their way of justifying the rape of the economy to create that giant whale of a department. Check on that, but I think that's what you will find when you check on it.

Here's the killer.

They will take your prints, photos and supplied paperwork (so-called original record) and shop it around to every single law enforcement federal agency -in every country in the world. They will supply your personal information, in totality, to all of them. I was told this directly by the DHS. "Whew" I went, to myself. They lost my prints (which they took, twice) and wanted me to submit a form again, for another $400, and the full waiting period again. I declined. The loss of the information meant that they never even began the process of making my life potentially a living hell in every country the world, for exactly nothing.

I can still travel the rest of the world. No great loss. Too bad though, I know some folks in the states, and some places would be nice to see. Problem: They are going to try and integrate Canada and the US. What's the US gonna do then? Push us into the ocean? Those clowns need a serious headslapping.

KBK said:

Same same.

This isn't a political site, so you'll have to take my rant about the War On Some Drugs as read.

Microsoft set up its new research department in Vancouver because they were tired of waiting years for the paperwork to clear the US; perhaps y'all could do the same with a DIYfest North. You'd be astonished at the number of people who showed up at Burning Amp saying: "I heard about this three days ago from a friend of a friend", so the Great White North event might be larger than you expect.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
LuckyLyndy said:
I'm sorry I wasn't there. It would have been fun to have
seen you in person Elf Lyndon Salt Lake City

Colin and I spent an evening in downtown Salt Lake City last
Monday on our way back from Denver. We were at the Marriot
next to the temple complex, and as it was early we went on a
walking tour of downtown, including the LDS grounds, visitor
center(s) and the original and modern church. We got the
acoustic demonstration with the torn paper and the dropped
pins from 150 feet away. :bigeyes:

We ended up at Squatter's for burgers and beer.

Beautiful city, very nice people.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.