The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hereby give Stu and Chris permission to speak about the Cable design of mine, being produced by the new company I am a partner in. It is public as of today. Not formally announced, but public.

You guys will be interested.

Very much so.

Have fun at the Big burnin' guys!

The cable of the unknownsists, that should not pollute this thread. :) I'm not inclined to speak of it too much here on this forum!

You know how you guys are!! It will have to come to light on this forum of it's own volition. Simply by natural law of word 'getting around'.

Not by me, that's for sure. Ask SY and Chris, if you are going to the Burnin'. They both know.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ken,
I was going to send up a few ten year old bottles for Chris and SY, by smuggling them in Chris's luggage, but I found out about Burning amp too late.
That's okay. Swing them by when I'm back next week. I'll probably need them. SY will be in Europe and therefore have no use for extra alcohol.

I'm sitting here with SY and neither of us can recall the details on your cables. I can not receive my personal email now, but you could always send the particulars to SY.

Starting a thread on your cables would be one way to get the information into my hands. I do wish you the best of luck with your new venture.

-Chris

GRollins said:
Drunk? You gotta be kidding me. I'm at work!

Grey

That's the best time to drink. You get paid for it. Gives you more time to be sober at home and do productive things.

And Sy, don't reply at all. Sending it one way was more than enough, and my reply email at the forum is my work email. I'm not drunk, so I can't go to my workplace. :) It is a very nice innocent little cable.

If I bring wine, it'll be the cheap stuff. Only the 5-6-7 year old stuff. :D As for Europe, it has plenty of alchohol already, yes. If you Get to Germany, Sy, have a Octoberfest beer or two for me, might still be some on tap at places.. Dang that stuff is good.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
SY said:
It released smoke. Chris traced it to a transistor that had been installed backward (an NPN for a PNP) and a metal film resistor that wouldn't survive the turn-on surge. We seem to be A-OK now- he's a fabulous technician.

well - that means that AR2 was in big hurry ,replacing places of those mosfets ...........

"fabulous technician" ...................

anatech?

naah............

:clown:

it works now - I mean little Brownie :Pumpkin: ?

btw - tnx boyz , for doing that in time reserved for booz ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
SY said:
It seems to work, but we're still nervous about the metal film resistor frying at an inopportune time. I think that we'll try to get a metal oxide jobbie for a replacement (it's the 4R7 in the series feed of the power supply).

in that case seems that AR2 put some serious capacitance after eeeeny weeeny 4R7
put whatever you have in 1W range there ;

later you can steal those brownie Iskra output caps ,as a payment ;)

they're good for toob biz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.