The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Variac said:
Best bet for food is to avoid Pier 39 like the plague and either grab a sandwich at Green's To Go Restaurant right in Fort Mason (9AM to 4PM), go to the Marina Safeway right across the street for good sandwiches and everything else that a Safeway in an upsacale neighborhood has, or head towards the Marina restaurants clustered around Chestnut street. This district is where lots of young professionals live and there are food places in abundance

Plutos (Scott at Chestnut) has great grilled or roast meat sandwiches and salads and is quitereasonable. You can get your order to go:

http://sfsurvey.com/rd.asp?r=495

Green's also has sit down meals but not at all cheap for a vegetarian restaurant, BUT if you aren't a veggie, you will STILL find good things to eat there so don't be scared off..

http://www.lovetoeatandtravel.com/Site/Sfbay/SF/Food/greens.htm

Andale Restaurant is good , innovative, Mexican food
at Chestnut and Steiner :
http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3710726548

You americans! Can you get together EVER without loads of food ?? :D

Jan Didden

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well, the doors are open at 10 and we are starting to shut down at 9
so it is at least 12 hours. We don't have to leave 'til almost midnight, so there will be additional hours.. I think people better get some food or they will be pretty grouchy, and we sure don't want grouchy auditioners.. :hot:

Since Jan is an official, (official what?) he will have to come with us at 8AM to get the place ready.. :eek:

I too am overwhelmed that you all took this seriously enough to schedule a trip the the show- even if it is just from the other side of town.. We put ourselves on the line because we want to meet our online friends and make some new ones. Then there's getting to hear the gear we've been hearing ABOUT for years!

You don't need anything to show to show up, just be interested..
Altough the idea of snacks is a good one.. We won't say no to food!!:eek:

SY said:

San Francisco is a city whose heritage derives mostly from Italian and Chinese immigrants. Therefore... food.

I would add French and Russian as well. I do not know any other US city (minus cities in Louisiana - never been there) with as many French restaurants. And these are really good ones. On another side the whole north is with strong Russian roots - Russian River Valley, Sebastopol...

Variac said:
I too am overwhelmed that you all took this seriously enough to schedule a trip the the show- even if it is just from the other side of town..

It is so amazing that we are going to have our Canadian and Europian friends and I would like to thank you guys for your support as well. With your involvement this event is already success.

I also would like to mention what Mr. Nelson Pass is doing for us. I am aware that he was driving this past weekend 1100 miles to Denver Show, and 1100 miles back to California. On Sunday he will start his trip at 5 AM to be at Burning Amp at 8AM! That really doesn't leave any time to rest.
Mr. Pass we really do appreciate your involvement and support!
This actually doubles our effort to make sure that this show turns into really good party!
AR2

And here is the weather report. It shows that we are going to have sunny day on Sunday!

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 340
double billing?

SY & AR2 & Variac!

Let me also thank you for dedicating so much time and effort to make this event happen. It's gonna be a blast!

I notice that you have billed me twice in groups A and E. I really only need one slot to demo the system as a whole. So if you need to make room for another demoee please feel free to take one of mine.

Burn on!

" ... Best bet for food is to avoid Pier 39 like the plague and either grab a sandwich at Green's To Go Restaurant right in Fort Mason ..."

Yes, but its a little too "veggie" for me. I like heaping piles of red meat, covered in fresh blood and a proper mustard. (I know dead cow is bad karma and all that, but, I've given up almost all of my other bad habits except food.)

"... You americans! Can you get together EVER without loads of food ?? ..."

" ... San Francisco is a city whose heritage derives mostly from Italian and Chinese immigrants. Therefore... food. ..." " ... I would add French and Russian as well. ..."

... and its all just a short taxi ride away .. :D

Lets hear it for Clement Street = as good as it gets for the money ... Irish pubs, Chinese, Thai, French, Italian and American food too! ... and a couple of short blocks to one of the best Russian bakeries in the world! ... and Japan Town is just over the hill. :cool:

Five day weather forecast indicates "warm and clear" on Sunday !!

(Rain possible Friday, Saturday clearing, Sunday may get to a high of 84 degress F. (a record if so) ... :cool:

( In have seen only one time when it was 80+ F. in San Francisco in October ... so don't count on it. Anyway, its always windbreaker weather in SF = count on that! ) :apathic:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
But October is generally beautiful-warmer than the summer!!

Fast Eddy is right. I used to live next to Clement street. Has the best Asian grocery stores in the city. And lots of other themes.. Dim Sum, Irish Bars- like he said! Almost no bad restaurants in S.F. - competition too tough!

I now live in Japan town, a block from a sushi place that seats 10 people. Almost all the clients are Japanese people visiting from Japan. Not cheap, but amazing.. a step up from anything I've had before..

Burning DAC

So, I just finished up the Opus for the Burning Amp Festival (another kind of Burning DAC ;)) Only got to listen for an hour before packing it up :(

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

More pics of the construction can be found here (full size):
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/user_gallery/_burning_dac/

Thanks! One supply (dual supply) powers all the digital stuff and the analog portion of the dual mono dacs. the other supply (bipolar) powers the two Ballsie output stages. One Ballsie has output filters, the other does not, just for comparisons.

It also has the beta of the asynchronous reclocking board (Metronome) and a custom relay switch to switch the two I2S sources (s/pdif and usb).

We are introducing schedule mostly to have you guys informed what time slot we have scheduled for you. As you see we have formed groups of similar items. That is why we have someone in two slots. Please let us know if you have conflicts with proposed times. The best way is to do it here on the thread.
Thank you
AR2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.