The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Excellent Ashok,

I personally think that those will be an excellent addition. The cryo angle- that's funny!

Keep reminding us about the vinyl source as that is a big weakness at the moment..

PLEASE - anyone planning to attend, mention here if you can bring a decent turntable setup. You'll get some kind of great honor for doing so..

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
SY said:
I mentioned it at our last meeting, but Variac was probably distracted by the lingerie models.

poor Mod ..........

lingerie models are probably less interesting than this younger brother of Father of All TTs :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:devilr:

(that's probably because AR2 have too many Watts and too many digits in his system)

Hi Sy, Great to know that you will bring your TT.
Now others might be able to bring some good vinyl ? Classical and jazz and other types ? I guess we do not need more than just a few discs ( 5 or 10 ? ).

Variac : I'm not sure how good the amp will look ! I'm trying my best to make it reasonably neat looking in as short a period of time as possible. I'll bring some copies of my (CD) albums that I use here . I will also bring some easy Indian recipes for those who might want to pick up some interesting unusual ideas for the stomach !
If need be I could make them also ( demo ) .

:D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ashok,
I don't think that is so much of a worry. If it looks too good you may have to pay duty! :clown:

This is more about stuff that looks okay on the outside (to a techy!) and works to some degree. I'm sure some people will show up with works of art and others may only have an open chassis. They will be soldering the day of the event still! ;)

Your presence with your amp is more important than losing the amp to listen to due to cosmetics.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ashok,
It could be taken either way, so I decided to have a little fun with it.

Had you meant it in early colonial times, I would have been shocked for sure! We'll have to try and have a beer (1/2 for me I guess) during the show sometime.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.