The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Siegfried Linkwitz gave a nice presentation and really convincing (startling!) demo of his Pluto loudspeakers...

Attachments

• linkwitz_talk.jpg
    linkwitz_talk.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 729
Here he is with the Pluto speaker... nice and compact, the amplifier is integrated into the base. I'll post another photo of that later.

Edit: Oh, the rotation is wrong, although it displays correctly on my computer. I'll see if I can fix that.

Attachments

• linkwitz_pluto.jpg
    linkwitz_pluto.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 750
Well what do you know. If you guys look just to the right of center on the pic from post #1237, you'll see our very own diyAudio owner, Jason. He's the one with the green strap around his neck. He sure gets around. Can't wait for his next visit up this way. We had a great time when he was here.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1636393#post1636393

Attachments

• img_5078.jpg
    img_5078.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 619
Rl-1329-10-1200

Another great event! Excellent work Variac, SY, Jason, and AR2!

Simply awesome catching up with all my friends from the forum, and an opportunity to share ideas and thank the members who have been so helpful to me and others.

BTW, here's a link to the data sheet for the chokes Nelson was so generously giving away at the show: Renco RL-1329-10-1200 and the give away bridge rectifiers GBPC3502 Rectifier

Cannot wait until next year!

-David

janneman said:
The sweet sound of Anatoliy's russian glassware.

The glassware was almost invisible through a dusty iron curtain. ;)

The main problem was to marry my TRS ins/outs with speakers and turntables, so wires with Alligator clips were used (they were broken up already, huh?) to connect speakers , and a Behringer EQ as a converter from XLR to TRS.

The experiment shows that sometimes PA gear may be used to reveal best qualities of precision speakers...

I brought it from my car to try this speakers (firing up horns):

baf8.gif

baf9.gif

Speaker design

I had a great time at Burning Amp.

Shown directly above (at the corners of the table) are some speakers I built. Someone asked me if there were plans, and I only gave a brief answer: no but one can get the plans for the ZD5 at www.zaphaudio.com. My speaker design is a derivative of the ZD5.

A more complete answer is that these particular speakers are the equivalent to a breadboard prototype. So they were different last week and will change again in the near future. Also the waveguide is not documented, and I will be challenged to recreate it for myself. One of my goals is to refine the waveguide into a machinable and reproducible design.

I removed the ladder delay and went with a waveguide to facilitate the future use of an active crossover. On a previous project, I used a ladder delay and it worked great. So I am confident that the ZD5 is way to go for someone who wants to build a documented design.

Although, the ZRT is looking pretty good (I haven't heard it). I do like the AirCirc tweeters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.