The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,
I do not know if you have checked the guest list lately on the www.burningamp.com, but...

We are in received funds only $ 36.34 short of our goal of $1,100.00. There are some people that are going to pay admission at the door, so I would say at this point we are in the black and out of red!!! I am receiving registrations in much higher frequency today, so keep checking at the guest list. It seems like we are up for a big Burning party.

I would like to thank you all for such a great support. Once we announced that we have a "problem" we got emails and donations from lots of members that really moved this event to be possible and already success. As of now we are at around 50 people attendance and we do not know who will additionally show up on the day of the event. More registrations are pouring as well. In my mind this is perfect number of people.

Thank you all

For the Burning Amp
AR2 - Vladimir Simovich

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hey DSP_Geek,
Bring it in your trunk anyhow. There is nothing wrong with unfinished projects.

Hi AR2,
I am prepared to pay my $20, even though I didn't have to. Well, I guess it's $20.01 if I use Canadian. ;) Remember I'll be coming in early. I am currently packing to go.

I'm looking forward to meeting a ton of our members. They are all a long way away as far as I'm concerned. Let's hope we see all our SF members!

-Chris

AR2 said:
Hello guys,
I do not know if you have checked the guest list lately on the www.burningamp.com, but...

We are in received funds only $ 36.34 short of our goal of $1,100.00. There are some people that are going to pay admission at the door, so I would say at this point we are in the black and out of red!!! I am receiving registrations in much higher frequency today, so keep checking at the guest list. It seems like we are up for a big Burning party.

I would like to thank you all for such a great support. Once we announced that we have a "problem" we got emails and donations from lots of members that really moved this event to be possible and already success. As of now we are at around 50 people attendance and we do not know who will additionally show up on the day of the event. More registrations are pouring as well. In my mind this is perfect number of people.

Thank you all

For the Burning Amp
AR2 - Vladimir Simovich

Er...uh... I announced the event on a competing audio forum last night. Hope that was okay.

I was just trying to earn some good Karma.:D

Parking?

I am thinking about attending this event. Just learned about it this afternoon. I am in San Jose and plan to drive to San Francisco. Is it easy to find parking spots around the Firehouse? I can bring some small OB speakers (Fostex FX120 + Eminence 15"), but don't want to carry them for a long distance and may change my mind if parking is hard to find.

Cheers,

Kurt Chang

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi DSP_Geek,
Okay. Just bring your car. I like large cars. :D

I didn't realize they were that big. Just as well. I built some 250 lb speakers for a bar once, four of them. When I arrived for the grand opening, I saw that they had suspended them from the ceiling with chains. That was not my intention at all!

Needless to say I didn't stand anywhere near them.

-Chris

Re: Parking?

anatech said:
Hey DSP_Geek,
Hi AR2,
I am prepared to pay my $20, even though I didn't have to. Well, I guess it's $20.01 if I use Canadian. ;)
I refuse to take it from out of USA guests! :) This event has a lot to thank you guys for coming over. That is more than enough support.

KCHANG said:
I am thinking about attending this event. Just learned about it this afternoon. I am in San Jose and plan to drive to San Francisco. Is it easy to find parking spots around the Firehouse? I can bring some small OB speakers (Fostex FX120 + Eminence 15"), but don't want to carry them for a long distance and may change my mind if parking is hard to find.

Hello Kurt, there is plenty of parking. Here is the info for all of you coming with cars:

There are two parking lots - one inside and second outside the Fort Mason Walls. They are literally divided by the wall. The one inside charges per hour, but the first hour is free. So you will come in all the way to the Fire House, unload your stuff and drive back to the parking lot in front of the Fort Mason. That parking in front is free whole day. Same when you leave.

See you at the Burning Amp!

anatech said:

I didn't realize they were that big. Just as well. I built some 250 lb speakers for a bar once, four of them. When I arrived for the grand opening, I saw that they had suspended them from the ceiling with chains. That was not my intention at all!

Needless to say I didn't stand anywhere near them.

Heh. I trust you mentioned possible structural issues with the bar owner?

Mine are likely not nearly so imposing as yours were. They're 22 inches deep and 13 inches wide. The weight comes from double laminated MDF on the sides and back so the side-mounted woofers (as in the NHT 3.3) can be mounted flush with the surface, and for extra stiffness to push panel modes above the 100 Hz crossover frequency. There are a number of other design features, but those will wait until I'm closer to done.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.