Who ever seen this CLASS-D amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The self oscillating switching amplifier, although invented 30 or more years ago, was almost not known in the audio circles until UcD. Everybody was stuck with triangle wave generators until UcD appeared. Now there is a gworing number of companies that are either buying the ready-made UcD circuit from Hypex or developing their own self oscillating schemes.

I'm in the latter group. I was not aware of the advantages of self oscillating control loops until I read about UcD. Now, even International Rectifier is employing self oscillating control loops in their new class D devaluation boards.

Speaking hypothetically Michael-Rifa, if your amplifier was bought and shipped to North America, run from a 220 volt source (which we have for our Electric Stoves, Clothes Dryers, Welders and Air Compressors in our garages, etc) would your amplifier be able to run with our 220 volt-40 amp-60 Hz AC power (single phase or three phase)?

Forgive me if I seem ignorant about your country's power supply. I'm asking because I am curious.

2 years

Yes my post is after the fact, but I came across this thread by accident and it tied into a quote I got from a company located in China about a clone of a Irf classd amp for under a 100USD but by the time you add the shipping the price was 260.00USD to USA and the same amp from IRF is 199.00USD.Just musing.... ; but it looks as if some are still reading this thread or is your email being flooded by new post to an old thread?
chas1

This is one old thread, but Eva's comment about the teenagers and the noise floor is hilarious. That said, theres nothing I hate more than a bad sounding club...which around here is most of them.

The amp in question looks awesome, I wouldn't mind giving it a listening test. But I'd rather make my own. DIY forever lol.

Watts RMS

Sorry Lars bit I missed nothing. Power is volts x amps OR volts x volts /impedance OR amps x amps x impedance and in each of the above three equations there is an RMS number multiplied by an RMS number and again I repeat, RMS x RMS cannot equal RMS.

So there are no such things as "watts RMS". Read the paper Bose put out in the 70's regarding this issue

This amplifier is manufactured in Thailand, designed by my self and the R & D team from the firm TAFN ENGINEERING CO.,LTD

D-TECH 2400 is a highly reliable advanced CLASS-D power amplifier capable of delivering high power over the whole audio band without overheating in a very small size. At the same time it is capable of reproducing sound with outstanding clarity and stability like never before possible with conventional amplifiers.

So far for what i hear, no other PA amplifier of this size and weight can match the power and sound quality.

( D-TECH 2400 ).

ok for power efficency, wich is normal for a class D amp, but, please,
no more marketing hype, as it s evidence that it s no better than
conventional designs in matter of sound performance...
it s even worse in distorsion by several magnitude orders...
i found your claims somewhat ridiculous..
no pun intended, but the numbers talks by themselves and you re
providing the sticks to be bitten with...

ragards,

wahab

"RMS power" - a meaningless word, almost used in advertising

To whom it may concern: please read this article Hi Fi Writer - Meaningless RMS power
The word RMS reminds me of ads which name below-average HiFi products as "studio" or "professional" equipment and called a 15 watts amp a 150 watts amp (short time pulse power and both channels added). Even the unit "Watt" is actually wrong concerning AC and loads with capacitive, inductive and ohmic rates; the correct unit should be VA

So this D- amp may be powerful and may sound very good, but the word RMS shouldn't be used by a technician (but a salesman should use it, lol!)

Regards
Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.