PS connection for AMP9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I'm ordering an AMP9 from 41Hz, and I also have this PS:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=122-620
Can anyone pllease show me how to connect the PS to the Amp? which wire goes to AC1 and which one to AC2?
Question 2: A note in the Assembly Instruction for the AMP9 mention about a correct direction of the diodes, is there any indication on the PCB or on the parts that I have to follow when assembling the amp. Please let me know how, or is there any info in the forum; so i can do a search and read. The AMP kit will be delivered soon, next week, I hope.
Sorry, i'm new at this.
Thank you for your help.

The transformer has two 18V outputs, I think the best thing to do is use an extra rectifier and parallel both 25.38Vdc outputs of the rectifiers and connect the outputs to the buffercaps....

Maybe you can ask Jan to send one extra....or you can have mine as I don't use it....

tobebu02 said:

So I can use only 1 PS output and connect the wires (black & red) direct to the amp, and don't need the rectifier; is that right?

You do need the on board rectifier offcourse, but you can use only one output of the transformer for as far as I know... or maybe it is better to put some kind of load to the second output, but I don't think it's necessary.... But it would be a waste of half the tranny....I would grab the extra power, a rectifier bridge doesn't cost much, but again I'd be happy to put it on the mail for you :) The one I have is will be exactly the same...

AMP9 picture, please!

Can anyone pleae post pictures of your finished and working AMP9. I'm assembling the AMP now, but not sure which is a right direction for the 16 diodes (rectangular shape and near the IC ) on top and bottom of the of the PCB. Closed up pictures on the diodes which reference to the IC are big help.
Thank you

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
v-bro said:
I was doubtfull as to whether the secondaries on the tranny could be parallelled without problems

Most transformers with dual secondaries can have the secondaries placed in parallel without any problems (because they are usually well matched). Wiring the secondaries in parallel will give you twice the current capability compared to using just one secondary.

Hi, you should place them on the board with the side where there's a grey stripe on the top of the diode pointed to the side where in the silk screen (white print on PCB) there's a corner chopped off the rectangle.

Attachments

• diodeplacement.jpg
    diodeplacement.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 168
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.