apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regard to the recently locked thread titled “The secret silver capacitor in Vinnie's Signature 30 ,” I would like to apologize to all the people who participated in the thread or read my responses.

After reading over the thread again, I realize that I overreacted and was overly defensive in my responses. I also conducted myself in an unprofessional manner, especially toward members newbie23 and thomaseliot. I do not wish my responses to represent my character or my company, Red Wine Audio. :guilty:

I hope everyone will accept my sincere apology, and that we will all move on in a respectful manner. :cool:

Best regards,

Vinnie

I understand you Mr Vinnie R. I got same probleme with cheap korean copy of my products. The worst is that they keep my name on their product and sell it as original. What was my surprise when I got for repair one of this copy! Chiness power mosfet with no name, cheap decoupling capacitor, 3A line filter (!!!!), cardboard PCB (burned!) and 22 gauge wire instead of 14! I dont really know how many they did, but I can assure you that the news serie got some improvement for copying! Locked PIC for protection, epoxy dipped control board, and sand blasted power device!

Have a nice day!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Vinnie R. said:
In regard to the recently locked thread titled “The secret silver capacitor in Vinnie's Signature 30 ,?I would like to apologize to all the people who participated in the thread or read my responses.

After reading over the thread again, I realize that I overreacted and was overly defensive in my responses. I also conducted myself in an unprofessional manner, especially toward members newbie23 and thomaseliot. I do not wish my responses to represent my character or my company, Red Wine Audio. :guilty:

I hope everyone will accept my sincere apology, and that we will all move on in a respectful manner. :cool:

Best regards,

Vinnie
You must have a wise consultant.;)

Vinnie has always been a class act on AC, he doesn't need a wise consultant. I've never "seen" him blow up and AC is notorious for flair-ups and provocative postings. My guess is that running a business and having a new baby has got him down to the bone.
It makes perfect sense to build on people's triumphs and learn from their mistakes; otherwise we would'nt get anywhere. It's another thing to copy-cat or divulge so-called secrets, but I admit the temptation could be hard to resist...:ashamed:

Without wishing to decry Red Wine Audio's products and philosophy why would anyone wish to clone their products if you had never heard them?

What's to say that Vinnie's take on the Tripath sound is definative?

Even if I could afford his gear, which at the moment I cannot, it would not be long before it found its way onto the worktop in pieces with an attempt made to see if I could improve on what was before me.
In a roundabout way I'm saying that the kind of sound, colouration, distortion, call it what you will, that I prefer will only come from my own sweaty labour and lots of expermentation until the brew is what I like the taste of.

To me that is the beauty of diy, you can get just the sound that you desire. I have no wish to copy and only wish I had the brains to emulate 'cos the way I do things is bloody hard work and time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.