Power Supply for Teac A-L700p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a new power supply for the Teac and was wondering what you suggest. I heard the skynet power supplies are awesome so I was thinking maybe one that outputs 24v and 5v would be idea. http://www.skynetusa.com/index.php?...8b080b3ae89065b90a5b0ffa99&option=com_phpshop
Would it better just to buy two 8080 skynet modules and wire them in series to get 24v and use the extra 5v let over or just go strict battries? Much help would be appeciated.

I'm not an SMPS expert, but I'd think that running two in series would be a much worse choice than a single supply at the target voltage, particularly since they have a 24V/5V unit available. You'd have to generate the 12V for the relays via a resistor or regulator, but that doesn't seem like too big a problem.
I'm not entirely sure how one would determine whether the skynet would be a step up from the existing SMPS or not, though.

I have two Teac units that I'm intending to use batteries on, although I haven't made much progress on them yet. I already have the batteries, and since I'm somewhat interested in 'off grid capable' system, my motivation isn't entirely that I think they'll be better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.