Portable sound system gallery...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I figured class D would be used by many for portable applications. I built a small sound system for a friend who rides with it on his bicycle.

He sent me a picture that inspired me to open up a gallery.

Feel free to post your pictures with a nice 'on the road' feeling or pictures of your portable system! :)

This system uses 41hz.com AMP32, two Visaton FR7 (for now...), a Transcend T-sonic 610 (the 620 is out and is supposed to sound even better, though I can't imagine...) and a 6A Nicad battery in the bottleholder... The system runs for about 25 hours (much longer than the T-sonic..) at full power...

Love to see some of your pictures!:cool:

Attachments

• bikesound3.jpg
    bikesound3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,806
Hahah, thanx, the system can be detached pretty easily and it IS a flash MP3 player (there's a 4gb version out now, but this one is 2gb).

I have a Marrocan friend, cool guy...walked into my appartement one day and -as he's quite a humoristic guy- he took two of my bottle batteries in his hands and said he'd never get even near schiphol (amsterdam airfield) with those...:clown:

I'm going to upgrade the system with lower weight batteries, lighting system, phone charge, usb connection, solar panels (flexible ones!) voltage meter and waterproof speakers in the near future....

whoa! looking good!

I allready made a 5V usb supply, I can listen and charge at the same time from my Transcend T.sonic 610 player. :)

Only problem is that sometimes I get some noise coming through, don't know what to do about this....:rolleyes:

The link you provided doesn't seem to work, but I did find your design.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1137106#post1137106

Why Nimh batteries, are they the best value for money? I did have a look at the new 2.7A penlites, they sure are light! But perhaps Lipoly is the best choice disregarding the high price...

The NIMH batteries are an experiment. They are lighter in weight, smaller in size, and I can get a higher voltage out of them (by increasing # of cells), resulting in higher volume output.
I use 10 cells, which is over 13 volts fully charged.
The pack in the picture is 10 aa cells, it cost about $20 to make.
I have built a pack using C size cells as well which gives me 5 Ah capacity. That runs for days!
Lipos are too finicky for me to recommend to anyone else.

Funny man! :D I just wanted to do the same thing, I saw 2.7A (!!) Nimh AA batteries @ conrad.nl a while ago. So I allready ordered holders for 2 AA batteries, those things cost practically nothing (0.27EUR!) to make a thing long pack out of it. I want to make it watertight with a bicycle inner tube ouround them (also 10C in series...).

Only I stumbled upon very nice regulated Lipo batteries (in hard box) and a very nice waterbottle battery with 7Ah capacity!

Look:
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=1069

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2218

And this great deal :eek: :
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2884

I suppose the supplied charger treats the cells well enough...?

v-bro
HI
from your pic

every day,at afternoon , nearby my home
an old man about 60¬70Ys,
He drive an old bike and with a loud speaker on the back seat,
the music sound mix the kiki-sound (from the old bike)around me from east to west,
i think his is a music lover.

so one day , i ask him, he said that the amp is diy by him. the 4IN speakers is buy from 2nd hand maket, the walkman is from his grand son,

so i invite him to come to my home to have a glass of water,and to have a listen to my CDs.

from that day, i never hear the music sound from his speakers, he turn it off when he passing by my home.
i just can hear the kiki-sound around me from east to west.

i think i hurt him. so sorry for that.
i'm missing the music mixing the kiki sound, that is a good afternoon.

RG
FUMAC

Hmm yes, I think you hurt his feelings, from now on he'll probably never enjoy his soundsystem as before. I know much about this syndrome :D ....

Maybe you can get hold of him one other day and ask him if you may take his picture... he might understand that you like him driving by with music and complement him a bit saying "it's pretty hard to get such good sound on a bicycle....";)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.