teac AL700p center card

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have totally modded the heck out of my Teac A-L700P. It uses a Jensen 10,000uf 40v for the main power supply cap and Jensen oil 2.2uf cooper coupling capacitors. Inductors were upgraded. The input resistors were changed from smd resistors to riken-ohm resistors. The output filter supply was hard wired with new caps and mills resistors to tripath specs with the speaker relays bypassed. I wish I could take pictures to show you how everything is hook up. Here is a diagram I used for turning the amp into battery power.

You do not have to worry about powering the relays since you are bypassing them, but you need to power the protect-on, speaker-on, etc. My millimeter reads them at 3.5v, but I think you can get by with 5v. There is a 5v regulator on the main board which I power with one of the 12v batteries. When the amp is powered on, the batteries connect in series to produce 24v and parallel when charging.

I know i´m a perfect alien in this forum, and in electronics in general..., but i would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on the TEAC capacitors upgradability for me. There is one 35V 1000uF (power decoupling?) next to the inductors that could/should be replaced by a 50V one but how reasonable woul be an increase in capacitance, 50%? 150%?
Then there are the two 2200uF 50V on the power supply board, are these power supply filtering/smoothing caps? What about that really big (i believe it,s a 400V 220uF) near the transformer, is this the one Tripathdude replaced with the Jensen?
Help, i´m lost here! I just want to improve slightly the stock unit by replacing some parts and have some fun in the process.
Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.