The End For Tripath??? Say It Ain't So!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not sure what they would actually be as a reorganized company. Just selling old stock parts? They sold their IP to Cirrus. If they used any of the technology they developed they would probably be violating patents that Cirrus now owns. Would they have to pay royalties to Cirrus? Not being privy to the details of the deal, who knows?
But with all that in mind you would have to see this re-org as being more of a new company under the old Tripath name than a reconstitution of the original company. I don't think they could legally carry on where they left off at this time.

I'm surprised the web site stayed up as long as it did. Last May was the asset auction; i.e. all of Tripath's assets were liquidated. Tripath was certainly and finally finished at that time with no hope of salvation. You can be sure that Cirrus will be releasing new parts based on the millions of dollars they spent on the IP acquisition. Just don't hold your breath waiting for DIY friendly parts. It would only make sense for them to initially target specific high volume consumer applications with which they can recover their investment costs. If they are successful there then we may be lucky enough to see parts of more interest to this community at a later date.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Anyone interested in a couple thousand worthless shares of Tripath?

Thinking of getting the stock certificates, mounting them in a nice frame and selling them on DIYAudio...

I have, oh, about 2000 - 4000 shares.

I will post a pic of one as soon as I get them from the broker. The certificates may become classics like Enron certificates!

BWRX said:
http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/pro/areas/PA67.html

Keep an eye on Cirrus to see if any Tripath like chips are released.

I dont think they will appear in usual known type or form, because of old sold stocks. The customers want to see the safety in deliveralble parts and cirrus isnt interested that buyers of old stocks make huge profits. Aaahhh I see now: you said :"Tripath liked ..." It can be - I hope so.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.