Speakers to partner with Trends Audio TA-10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I've ordered a Trends Audio TA-10 amplifier which is a Tripath based design. Now I am wondering what speakers to partner with this little amp.

I do not need to play very loud, and I will not use a subwoofer. I want to buy speakers available through direct internet sales. These are some speakers in the pricerange that have caught my interest this far:

- Onix x-ls ($219)
- Ascend CBM-170 SE ($348)
- Axiom M3 v2 ($320)

When it comes to aesthetics and price, I definitely prefer the Onix, but of course sound quality is most important. I have read that a high sensitivity speaker is most suitable to partner with this Tripath based amp. These vary slightly among the speakers mentioned above. Does anyone has some advice on what speakers to use with my new TA-10? Any other tips/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

:)

Can't beat my very efficient $9.99 speakers along with the TA-10 !

Epitome(Made by Triangle) bi-directional cube speakers at 93dB for my PC audio system. I too did not want one of those made for PC audio sytem with the subwoofer that takes up space and clutter my desk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EPITOME-Directional-Bookshelf-Speakers-BLACK-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ160066214047QQihZ006QQcategoryZ14991QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.