I need help with a pot problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently modded my SI T-Amp. I reboxed and did the Stealth mod to the input caps using 4.7 uF caps and a 100k Alps Pot. I also put a 1000 uF cap on the onboard power tap. It sounds fantastic, but, there is a small problem. When I turn the pot, down (from max) it sounds fine until about half way. After halfway down, the left channel drops in intensity and the right channel stays at the level it is at half volume. Once I turnthe pot all the way down, there is no sound in the left channel and there i still sound (not very loud) coming from the right channel. I have been trying to figure out where I made a mistake and am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

I tried that!

But no one believed me.! ;)

Anyway, it ended up being a stupid error on my part (as they always are) I went back and looked at the pot and saw that I had not connected the jumper from back pin to front. I put the jumper in (it is a ground jumper) and all problems ceased.

On another note, since I am posting, maybe someone will read and have ideas. I want to make an anti-thump circuit. Relays, from what I have read are notoriously unreliable for this purpose. I suppose I could have a seperate switch for the speakers but that seems like a pain. On the DIYPARADISE site I saw the 3-way toggle method with the 220 ohm resistor. However, I can't seem to find a three way toggle. Ok, regardless, I suppose I can deal with another switch in the mix. So, should I put that switch on power and have a 220 ohm resistor to soft start the amp? Or, should I just switch the ground on the speakers? If I do the former, will it work like the 3 way toggle? Can I have one switch with power and a resistor and then flip another switch with full power without doing damage to the chip? I of course would then flip the switch for soft start off. Hmm. I just can't decide. Any input would be appreciated.

Tom

Here is a picture of her. Probably the ugliest t-amp around but I find her kind of sexy.

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 199
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.