DIY Fidelity attenuator wiring - help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

What am I doing wrong here? I took the center of the RCA to the attenuator and then on the other lug went to the positive of the Charlize.

Am I missing something?? Does anyone have pics of a properly wired one?

I miss Charlize and am considering plugging her back in with a preamp in front..

Thanks - Trent

Okay sorry... details

Hi,

I've searched... I wish I could have found something. I'll try again.

Okay, I'm running from the center lead to the prong on one side of the attenuator. Right next to that is another prong that I'm running out of. The grounds are direct to the Charlize. I can't think of another way to do this without three prongs???

Sorry to be such a newb but the thing plays at full volume all the time...

Have a look at this pic of the attenuator and it needs a ground connected to it to work properly.

In from the RCA's, out to Charlize and the ground is er, the ground from the RCA.

Attachments

• kendal attenuator.jpg
    kendal attenuator.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 333
Re: Okay sorry... details

tfowler said:
Hi,

I've searched... I wish I could have found something. I'll try again.

Okay, I'm running from the center lead to the prong on one side of the attenuator. Right next to that is another prong that I'm running out of. The grounds are direct to the Charlize. I can't think of another way to do this without three prongs???

Sorry to be such a newb but the thing plays at full volume all the time...
Hi tfowler
try this URL ...

http://www.diyfidelity.com.au/product_info_more.php?assembly=attenuator_assembly2.php&products_id=32

Page down to step6.

6. Grounding
Use the remainder of the tinned copper wire and put it through to the unused position (24th). and bend it so that it can reach the ground of the switch (See picture).

Hope this helps
KL

Aha!!! Thanks soooo much, mille grazie

I looked for instructions in the box but there weren't any. I think I'll be fine now. From the input ground to the attenuator then to the ground on Charlize, got it.

My girlfriend will thank you for getting the soldering iron out of the kitchen. :)

-Trent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.