nearly complete stereo UCD400AD's (pics)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, finally, the cases are almost complete... the faceplates should be complete today or tomorrow. im just waiting for the call from the powdercoater. (they are being coated in clear matte powder). here are some pics.

the details are (each chassis):

2x UCD400AD's
modified onboard caps, upgraded to panasonics
modified output cap
shared power supply (forgot cap size)
dual bridge rectifiers
shared single 1.7KVA transformer

the case gets pretty warm when listening at full volume. just kidding. its always ice cold.

Attachments

• dsc01299.jpg
    dsc01299.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,313
ssmith said:

Does form have to follow function? :whazzat:

I think they are very decorative -- powder coat finish is nice too.

Is that a Peranders DC filter and softstart? And any chance of sharing the PSU schematic???

thanks!

i didnt build these to impress anyone or to make anyone else happy. i built them because i wanted to, and when i go into my listening room and look at them, it makes me happy. i have some fine looking cases. i could have just done a stamped steel case with a plain faceplate, but i didnt.

yes, thats perander's dc filter and soft-start. the PSU schematic is simple enough, nothing fancy, just some caps, bridge rectifiers, and thats about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.