Lepai T-Amp with TA2020 - Page 141 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2013, 10:52 PM   #1401
diyAudio Member

I've re-posted this question in a new thread, thanks.
Old 10th April 2013, 07:05 PM   #1402
diyAudio Member

Not sure where to post this, I bought the Lepai TA2020A from China. It came with 12v power lead but no plug. Lead consists of 1 black, 1 black and white. Which is positive, please?
Old 10th April 2013, 07:15 PM   #1403
diyAudio Member

Do you have a voltmeter?
Old 10th April 2013, 08:46 PM   #1404
diyAudio Member

No. (I just wrote a longer reply (having SIGNED IN, only to be told I didn't have permission and all my typing disappeared!!
Old 10th April 2013, 09:42 PM   #1405
diyAudio Member

Do you have a spare LED, resistor of about 500-1kΩ, and a diode? If so, you could make a simple polarity checker.
If I remember right, the white stripe indicates the positive lead, but that is somewhat of a guess. Too much of a guess, actually. You don't want to connect the supply with the wrong polarity.
Old 11th April 2013, 08:23 AM   #1406
diyAudio Member

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I gave a longer reply which got "lost" so here is the gist of it:I'm not a dabbler. I ordered the amp from China. Cost about 10. Iexpected to have to buy a lead / adapter but they kindly sent me alead with the plug missing. I have several old car cigarette lighter leads (whatever the short name is - CCLL) and a CampingGaz Euro transformer which provides 12v at 5amp and takes a CCLL. I didn't want to spend much extra. I've just had the thought that if my old CCLLs have black and black and white wires there's an excellent chance that all I need to do is cut the end off and fasten like to like. I probably should buy or borrow a Voltmeter but it is probably worth taking the risk and buying a new amp if necessary. Assuming, of coursef *that at least one plug has these wires.I was hoping that someone with this amp would know. My web search suggested black and white is usually positive. I guess if it isn't I'll find out pretty quickly and only risk harming the amp.
Thanks again.
Old 9th May 2013, 04:31 PM   #1407
diyAudio Member

Default Lepai 2020A+ DC offset survey

Ladies and gents, I would be grateful if you could contribute your findings to my Lepai 2020 DC offset survey.

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:48 AM   #1408
diyAudio Member

Default Loop-through on the Lepai's line-in?

Quick question;

If one is using either of the inputs (mini-jack or RCA's), can the other connector be used to send the input on to another device?

ETA >> as with, for example., the Audioengine A2 desktop monitors. I ask because this is with a view to using an active sub.

Last edited by Aleksunder; 23rd May 2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 23rd May 2013, 01:00 AM   #1409
diyAudio Member

Yes, with two caveats.
First, it seems that some models of this amp have the 3.5mm input L/R connections reversed (I'm going from memory, but it should be documented + pics somewhere in this thread). My fix was just swapping the speaker outputs, or you could do some minor surgery and correct the PCB with jumper wires. The RCAs are L/R correct.
Secondly, the input jacks are simply paralleled, so it does affect the in/out impedances. It's likely this wouldn't be an issue in most cases.

Last edited by sofaspud; 23rd May 2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 23rd May 2013, 01:57 AM   #1410
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
Yes, with two caveats.
First, it seems that some models of this amp have the 3.5mm input L/R connections reversed (I'm going from memory, but it should be documented + pics somewhere in this thread). My fix was just swapping the speaker outputs, or you could do some minor surgery and correct the PCB with jumper wires. The RCAs are L/R correct.
Secondly, the input jacks are simply paralleled, so it does affect the in/out impedances. It's likely this wouldn't be an issue in most cases.
Thank you!

The channel-reversal on the mini-jack won't be a problem, I'll use that as the the output to the sub.

The line-in will be from my M-audio Delta 410 soundcard, hopefully the paralleled impedences of the Lepai and sub won't cause problems (the sub is a Pioneer, and the specs say 50Kohm in).

Overall, good news - I've ordered a Lepai (two, actually!).

Hide this!Advertise here!